4. Drive

Auroras POV

I rummaged through the compartment in the passenger seat and found an old mix tape that Dan had made for me years ago, it had all our favorite songs old and new. We played it on repeat till sunset. I smiled, I wanted it to be this way forever. Who knew one day that my best friend would become my boyfriend. We sat in a comfortable silence, enjoying each others company.

He was absentmindedly twirling my hair through his fingers while we watched the beautiful orange sunset. The meadow that surrounded the hill had a tinge of orange cast upon it, making everything look surreal and like it was straight out of a painting.

"Lets get driving, it's gonna get dark." Dan suggested. I nodded, we had been here for almost the whole day and we wanted to make the most of our time. We found ourselves near a beach. It was quiet, the sound of the crashing of the waves filled the silence. A wave of nostalgia hit me, I remember my first date with Marshall, he took me to a beach, we made it our place. I remember that day because thought I fixed the infamous bad boy of our school because he took me on dates and we lasted for a year. I did break the bad boy and found the insecure boy trapped inside the shell he trapped himself in, don't get me wrong, the time I had with Marshall was amazing while it lasted, he loved me and I loved him but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I start to feel my eyes water, it was dark so Dan didn't see it. I tried to keep my sniffles to a minimal volume but he picked up on that. "Are you okay love?" he whispered.

I looked at my feet. "Y-yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me."

He didn't look satisfied with my answer but didn't push me to tell him what was wrong because as a stubborn person I am I would probably throw an unnecessary fit. We parked and found an op-shop, we bought some old vinyls and books. Dan's birthday was coming up so I managed to discreetly buy presents for him as he went outside. It was a denim jacket and a few vinyls. I smiled and found him outside to tell him that I'm done.

+

We sat on the beach, a blanket covering the two of us. Earphones in our ears and blasting music. Staring at the ocean in silence.

I nudged him softly, "Hey Dan, I think we should get going."
He nodded and we made our way to the car. He had his hands on the wheel and the other intertwined with mine. After a while I let go of his hand to go through the Polaroids we took. Most of them were blurry pictures of Dan swatting the camera away from me and stupid photos of us.
I put my legs up on the chair and felt myself slowly drift off to sleep.

[[ Hey guys,
Sorry for the short chapter, but for that I will be uploading another one later on today. How great is that? Two updates in one day?! Damn that's new for me

Please read my other stories (also Bastille bc I'm TRASH)
-Adoption
-Memories like these
-Memories like those (sequel to ^)

Don't be a ghost reader! So don't forget to vote, follow and comment.

-Denise xx ]]