Chapter 1

Rey finished tying up her hair just as she was leaving the main office. She had a map showing her where her dorm was. It was better than the orphanage and bigger than the orphanage and it was just a school. It reminded her of Hogwarts a little or Saint Vladamirs Academy from the books she'd read. She liked to read. It was a lonely life, being left at an orphanage but books were a comfort. No one would complain if she read a book in a spare time, they complained about everything else but never the book reading.

She smiled when she saw a big dog, galloping across the court, chasing a ball some kids were throwing. There were pets on campus? Maybe it was just a security dog. "Okay that's enough now! Don't want him all riled up." A man in a uniform said. Definitely a security dog. Rey .

It seemed like a nice environment, a lot better than the orphanage. She continued on until she eventually got to where the map had told her to go. What little luggage she had, she wanted put away. The door was already open to her dorm room and she walked inside to a hallway. A door led to a kitchen/living room area. The other door seemed to go to a bathroom and then there were two doors that opened into two rooms. One of the rooms was occupied. "Hello?" she said aloud to the girl inside who was hanging up posters.

She turned around and Rey continued to talk. "I'm Rey. I think we're living together?"

"Hi!" The girl dropped everything that she was doing and hugged Rey "I'm Amethyst." Rey didn't know whether to hug the girl back given she just met her and she hadn't experienced many hugs before either.

Slowly she hugged back. This made Amethyst pleased. "So do you want me to show you around? Or do you wanna take it slow?"

"I'll take it slow. Thank you." Rey smiled softly. Rey picked up her bag and went into her respective room.

It was simple, plain white walls with a plain white bed set. A small table by the window and set of drawers by a closet. Maybe soon there would be things she could put on the wall, draws or what not. Still the room was better than the orphanage, even if it did resemble a prison cell.

There wasn't much going on, on campus. A few club booths were setting up and people moving in and out of dorm rooms, but that was the extent of it. Glancing out of her window Rey sighed.

There was a knock at her door "Hey! I'm gonna run off for a little bit" Amethyst said. Her hand was clutching her phone tightly, a look in her eyes showed that it was to meet someone. "I'll be back soon. Promise! And after we can go to some of my fav places to go." She winked and disappeared.

'What a strange girl.' Rey thought. Then again everyone was strange. She'd rarely seen people who were happy and optimistic.

Rey didn't know that Amethyst wasn't always like that. That was a fact to be found out another time in another place.

Rey thought upon what the girl said. 'Favourite place to go...' Obviously this wasn't the girl's first year there. Rey sighed. Her stomach ached for food. She did hope she'd get some soon too. It was meant to be a good school after all. How she ended up in such a prestigious place in the middle of nowhere, like all the fancy rich schools, she had no idea. Only more and more theories about her lineage began to erupt in her thoughts and of course she had to pass some of them off as fancy. She had no one, and she never ever would. No one cared. No one loved her. No one wanted her.

-------

There was a knock at the front door. She left out into the hall and to the door, opening it to find the man in uniform she saw before.

"Looking for Rey - she has a package." he said. She was too busy looking at the package, that she didn't notice the look of guilt on his face.

"I'm Rey." she answered and he handed it to her. Maybe it was food.