Chapter 6x

Rey couldn't sleep all night - even with the sleeping pills she got - and was just dozing off when she heard her room door open. She jumped and breathed out when she saw it was just Amethyst sneaking in.

"Hey" she said with a warm smile. "I see you're awake."

"Skywalker is my dad!" Rey exclaimed.

"Oh well. Actually. Umm. Yes." Amethyst said. The girl had found out about that information a while ago. It was a relief when she found out one of her favourite teachers wasn't a complete and utter old pervert.

"How can I face him now?" Rey asked. "I mean I don't see him at school much but to know he's there and he...."

"Dinner. Christmas dinner." Amethyst said. "you're invited."

"At yours?"

"No. Haha. No. Actually at Principal Organa's. She wants to have a family dinner."

"Family?"

"Well I'm technically part of the family now." She shyly said.

"How?" Rey asked and there was a moment of silence.

"Well the funny thing is-" she said and took a breath. "SURPRISE!" She threw her hands up "I am dating Kylo Ren!"

"Oh... OH!" Rey uttered in realization. "And that's how Leia was... Wait a minute how is everyone related I'm confused?"

"Kylo is Leia and Han's son and Luke's nephew. I just found out that you're Luke's daughter. I know! A lot to take in. You look a bit like Kylo's grandma. I mean when she was young, it all makes sense and that guy wanted to kill you because he's the grandson of man who killed your mother."

"I see." uttered Rey. "I bet you're so glad you don't have to keep that relationship a secret. So I take it Skywalker doesn't like me? Sort of.... so many questions. Start with the one about you and Kylo. You're together wow. How did you meet?."

"Surprise!!" She waved her arms around again "well lemme tell you" she started jokingly "I met him 4 years ago. He was tutoring me in my classes. And we kinda just slowly became more. And when I turned 18-"

"Stop stop. Next question"

"Luke loves you. He doesn't want to see you hurt."

"Well I am hurt! Hurt he didn't want to know me!"

"He only found about you recently apparently. You'd just transferred to the school when he got email threats from someone anonymous. You were unsafe again. He'd tracked you down and so had Ash apparently. Revenge. Ash's grand-father and father had sworn it on Luke's dad who betrayed some gang for love - Padme, your grandmother - and put them all away."

"He could have told me. He could have been waiting on me to wake up but he leaves a card? Back to you and Kylo. I briefly remember him carrying me..."

"His speed saved your life. I always knew he was a hero."

"I want to get him a Christmas present to say thank you then and he's is my best friend's boyfriend!"

"Ehhhhhh. Cousin. He's your cousin. Who happens to be your best friends boyfriend."

She laughed but it wasn't a laugh of humour, it was coated in her confusion, fear and anxiety. "Yeah. Yeah."

--Christmas dinner-

Everyone was kind of awkward about the whole situation. Rey was getting around on crutches and sat beside Amethyst at the table. Everyone was also avoiding eye contact with anyone. Rey sighed. She really wished she had stayed at the school.