Chapter 4x

Rey woke the same way again, to Amethyst tripping and rolling out of the building and seeing her boyfriend. 'Stolen moments' Rey thought. 'Then again it's none of my business.'

She watched them interact from the kitchen window again. Loving, gentle. He lifted her slightly to kiss her since she was so much shorter than him. Then he left. Amethyst practically twirled back into the dorm.

"So much for PDA" Rey stated, scaring Amethyst a little. By a little, it clearly meant a lot since she jumped back and hit the wall.

"You're awake..." Amethyst droned out.

"Hard to sleep when you're tripping over yourself."

"True true. But how can you sleep when you know that, that gorgeous man is walking around on campus"

"Well I don't know if he's gorgeous. Even my 20/20 vision can't see that low down in the building. Should we just get some breakfast here? Save us rushing to the hall. We have plenty of stuff."

"Oh but then Poe and Finn would get worried. They think you're the bee's knees."

"I don't want to be the bee's knees. I want to be a normal girl with normal knees."

"Now I'm wondering. Do bees have knees?"

"Oh but that's the point. They don't so if something is the bee's knees it means that it's great because it's extraordinary. You know?" Rey replied.

"I know silly i was being...never mind. You should lighten up."

"I'm sorry. I'm not awake yet." Rey admitted and went to her room, Amethyst following her.

"It's fine." She said and hopped onto Rey's bed. "you know class is gonna be long without you!"

"Ditto. I don't want to see Mr Ren." Rey said and sighed.

"Just remember that- I've got nothing. Stay low I guess."

"Will do" Rey replied. Or at least she was gonna try.

They finished getting ready and went to class. The day was slow and uneventful.

Amethyst came home last again. She seemed happy as usual. "Lemme guess-"

"Boyfriend" they said at the same time.

"You'll understand one day." Amethyst said.

"I doubt it." Rey responded. "Not even my own family want me. Never mind someone who wants me for a romantic nature."

"That's not true..."

"I've decided that I'm going to give up looking for my family. If they wanted me they'd tell me who they were. I'm just going to enjoy being at this school no matter how I got here. It's not my problem."

"Yeah." Amethyst said and sighed.

"Boyfriend?"

"Just...this secrecy is killing me."

"I'm sorry.' Rey stroked her shoulder.

Amethyst left again and got ready for bed. Rey just worked on her homework. "Why does he give so much work?" Rey sighed. Even she found it excessive and she was super tired.

She completed it eventually, and somehow got to bed before midnight.

In the morning she did not awake to Amethyst almost killing herself. Instead by noises in the kitchen. And the smell of coffee.

Rey stumbled out of her room and watched Amethyst pour a mug of the dark liquid. "Morning sleeping beauty."

"Morning. You're not-"