Chapter 11

Rey was still wiping tears when she got back to her dorm. It was early in the evening, almost seven o'clock at night. She could tell Amethyst was grumpy by the fact the TV was off and Amethyst was staring at the wall, contempt in her eyes.

"What's wrong? Braxton Hix?" Rey asked her. "Can I help you? Do you want me to rub your feet."

"Gosh you'd think I was having your baby." Amethyst said dryly. Rather despondently she made her admission to Rey. "I dropped the remote and can't pick it up."

Without further thought, Rey picked it up and sat near her. "What do you want on?"

"Netflix"

Rey put it on and sighed. "I spoke to my dad.... we hugged."

"Oh that's so lovely!" Amethyst cooed.

"He was going to break me out of prison did I tell you?"

"He didn't have to. I was with Kylo. Who do you think got the blueprints of the prison?"

Rey's eyes widened. "Kylo knows everything doesn't he?" was all she could utter on that subject.

"Mostly everything." yawned Amethyst.

"Bet you can't wait to just have the baby and finish school and go live somewhere."

"Well I am done with school, credit wise. I am just waiting for the stupid graduation ceremony. And labor. Hopefully graduation happens first."

"Don't talk to me about graduation. I was in a UK school remember. We don't have that. We just get told we're done. And we get our qualifications through post from the test we did. I liked it that way. No having to collect a graduation certificate or rent a...what do you call those things.."

"Robes."

Rey sighed.

"When do you go to the doctor?" Rey asked "for the check up"

"Later this week." Amethyst smiled. "And we are finding out the sex, we could've done it sooner, but since I've kept it a secret from Kylo originally, we decided that we'll find out the sex together."

"That's nice. Wait... Have you been to check ups before now? I've never seen you call anyone about it"

"Yes. The once a month thing. I told them to keep most of the secrets until I got Kylo on board"

"Wait get him on board with what? What would you need to get him on board with?" Rey asked, confused.

"With being the father, having children. Finding out if our child is a girl or a boy."

"Oh." Rey replied. "I see. Sorry I'm just distracted. I'm doing all my tests tomorrow in the one day. I'm worried about Jacob. I'm thinking about how things are going to be with my dad and you know what I'm going to do when I leave her. I'm just... I have no idea. I mean you're pregnant so young but you know what you're doing and where you are..."

"I never planned on getting pregnant. I don't know what I am doing. I want my family but they could care less about what I do. They don't even notice that Kylo comes over. They haven't even asked how I've been. They forgot about me. And the only one who cared was the one person I know I shouldn't be in love with." Tears began spilling out from Amethyst. Rey swallowed. She'd never thought Amethyst's family didn't care about her. Rey could empathise. She knew what that felt like. "This is all new to me. And it's exciting but nerve racking. I'm trying to avoid the inevitable but it's coming closer than I would ever want. "

"Ame" Rey uttered and sat beside her, stroking her shoulder.

"I thought I still had time. Time to do anything. But life decided to screw me over and give me an actual living being inside of me." She wiped her eyes. 'Stupid hormones.' "I'm so in love with my child. I honestly can't wait. They are a blessing, but I am nowhere near ready for them."

Rey took her hand from Amethyst's shoulder and took her hand in hers, giving it a squeeze too. "You'll be okay. You can do it."

"I hope so. I really hope so."

"Look...I don't know everything you're feeling, only you do but I think understand that what is worrying you is that you might not be the best there is as a parent but as long you care about your child, you'll be alright. And you already have a guide of what not to do as a parent, my dad."

Amethyst laughed at that.

"You're going to be okay. I know you are." Rey replied and gathered up her books. "I'm going to go study in my room. If you need anything, let me know. Just call for me."

Amethyst nodded.