Chapter 19: Plans

[T-P-P]

Meanwhile...

"...So she came just to, well, say that ?"

"...I guess." You mumbled, frowning.

"She sacrificed her life for a warning and information." Kid sat on his couch---since you ran to him after Kuro disappeared--and invited everyone in his home.

"Pretty tragic, but it can save our asses." He sighed. You gave a slow nod. "...Right."

"so, what now ?" Soul asked, looking attentive. "We can't just sit here and wait. I mean, that witch--I mean, bitch, has Blackstar and Kuroshiro." He grumbled, leaning back. Kid stared downwards, as if thinking, before finally speaking.

"We should be ready when they arrive." Kid looked at the six of us seriously. "According to what happened back that day, Kuroshiro doesn't remember anything. And he thinks we're enemies now, so he'd stop at nothing until he has our heads."

"Kuroshiro's a skilled meister. And he can possibly use black blood, too." Maka sighed. "Sadly enough, Blackstar isn't here to fight him off and use his wavelength."

"......What if we just--when they arrive, one of us goes to him and tells the plan ?" Tsubaki suggested, making you frown. "...Blackstar was severely injured... And if Ella did those things to my meister," You teared up, starting to worry.

"What if something happened to him as well...?"

"Shh, don't say that." Liz patted my back, and I felt Patty hug me. "It's okay, (y/n)-chan. Blackstar's strong !" She giggled, making me smile at least. I know I'm not alone...

"...Given that he is, injured, what do we do ?" Soul said in a worried voice. Kid turned to him, and cleared his throat.

"Kuro said Ella can manipulate you by staring at her eyes for too long... We can still avoid that. And the shadows--it's inevitable. But it only holds our information... Luckily and unluckily."

"Yep." Maka butted in. "Everything. Your name, age, your secrets, your fears, your likes and dislikes... Even your abilities and your life history... Everything. We can't stop her from knowing us, but, we can stop her from manipulating us."

"Don't stare at her eyes." Tsubaki sighed. "She can only do internal effect if we do... So if we're fighting her, stare somewhere else--avoid eye contact."

"Right, right !" Liz smiled.

"...And one more thing." Everyone looked at you. You stared at them, and looked determined.

"Blackstar and Kuroshiro should be our first priority. We have to get them off of her fingers. It's okay if she doesn't die, cause I'll be the one to cut her head off when I get my chance." I fisted my hands. "That clear ?" Everyone grinned. "Of course."

"Good." Kid smiled. "Now, plan A, Maka and Soul should fend off Kuroshiro while I and my weapons handle Ella. (y/n) and Tsubaki, you will be the ones to go straight to Blackstar. If he's injured, help him. If he's manipulated, knock him back to his senses." Kid stared at you, his golden eyes holding a glint of trust. "I know you can do that."

You gave him a reassuring grin, making Kid smile. "Ella takes interest in weird and rare things. I noticed--Kuroshiro had Kuro in him. Blackstar was the last Star Clan person alive. And I, am a teenage reaper. Son of Lord Death. Of course she'd be interested---And I'll be able to distract her from you all."

"Isn't that dangerous ?" Tsubaki frowned. "Ella's still a witch and we're all still one-star students... What if she takes you, too ?"

"I'll be fine. Always be." Kid smiled.

"Maka and Soul can work against Kuroshiro because they both handle blades--a scythe and a katana. If you can't defeat him, just knock him out or put him to sleep."

"Got it."

"Good, then." Kid smiled. "Plan B. Incase something goes wrong--I hope not--but just in case. Maka, if Kuroshiro gets the upper hand and you know you'd lose, call for help. But not one that can take Ella's attention cause she might block the help off..." Kid stared. "Think of a safe word."

"......Books ?" Maka blinked, earning a disgusted look from Soul, as if saying "What the fuck ?" In his head.

"...Okay." Kid shrugged. "(y/n), once you hear that, leave Blackstar to Tsubaki and help them. Even if brainwashed, you and Kuroshiro are still connected with your souls. Try to save him and snap him out of his... Trance."

You gave a tight nod. But it gave you a small doubt. What if... You can't save him ?

"I can't think like this... Of course I can save him. I should."

"If Ella starts winning, retreat. Leave." Kid glared. "If she gets the upper hand, Kuroshiro would, too, since she gives him strength and commands. It would be trouble for all of us."

"W-what ? But Blackstar--"

"We'll bring Blackstar. It depends. If he's not fighting against us, we'll bring him and escape. But we'll have to leave Kuroshiro behind."

"...I-i... Uh..." Liz sighed. "Why can't we just ask for Stein's help or something...? Are we alone in this ?"

"They're back-up." Kid shrugged. "If one of us starts hanging on a loose thread between life and death, that's where they'll come."

"Why not just let him fight Ella instead of you ?" You asked. Kid sighed.

"Because she'd quickly retreat. Stein is strong--and she would know better than engage with him. So we'd lose the chance to get Kuroshiro and Blackstar back."

"...Accurate." Maka gave a nod, before standing up. "Then that's settled. We're going home. Soul, let's---"

"Nope. No one's going home." Kid stood. "Stay in my place. What, if we stay separated, our plan won't work. So you'll stick here."

Maka stared, before shrugging. "Well, okay. I'll take one guest room with Soul... Good night guys." She smiled, before dragging the scythe person by his ear, walking off.

"You should rest, too." Kid turned to you, and to Tsubaki as Liz and Patty stood up to leave.

You only smiled at Kid, and nodded. "...Right. I would soon. I just need to think..."

Tsubaki smiled, patting my head. "They'll be okay, if you're worried. We can fix this." She said with a genuine giggle, before leaving to rest in a guest room as well.

Kid sighed, before holding a hand out. "She's right. Don't act like you don't know Blackstar--he'll get through whatever he's in right now." You looked up at Kid, and smiled, taking his hand. "...Thanks."

"Blackstar wanted me and Soul to watch over you if he suddenly disappears. I'm doing what he asked for since he's not around." Kid returned the smile, and led you to a room. "So get rest. I wouldn't want him to tilt my frames when he finds out I let you stay up in worry !"

You laughed slightly, nodding. "Right, right." You opened the door, and went in. "Good night, Kid."

"Good night." He smiled, before closing the door for you, leaving you to rest.