Chapter 20: Illusions

[Blackstar]

"(y/n), listen to me ! I'm not cheating over you---I never will !"

"Fuck off !" (y/n) ran away from our apartment. I had to chase after her. I'm saying the truth, I'm not doing anything ! I was just stuck in that bitchy witch's lair... A-and she stole my--

*beeeeeep*

I stared ahead with wide eyes, seeing this speeding truck about to hit (y/n)... And I can't let that happen.

"No--"

I wanted to run. To chase after her. To save her.

But I couldn't... Something held me back--someone.

The scene was really bloody... A-and... And...

"You shouldn't fall for this."

I turned around, seeing...

Me ?

"...What...?"

"You'll die for real if you die here." Myself said with a serious stare, letting go of my hand. "You're in a trance. You're stuck in your own head filled with illusions."

"...Ella did this, didn't she ?"

"Yes."

Well, fuck it. I sighed heavily, staring at the other me. "If I die here, I'll die in real life too ? How ?"

"You'd be brain dead. You, you are your consciousness and if you die, how would you wake up ?"

"...Right..." I made a sigh. So this was what Ella did... A real, living nightmare.

"What about you ? What if you die ?"

"I'm your sanity." He grinned. "And if I die, you'd go back like Kuroshiro--nothing more than a senseless, insane, killing machine."

[Kuroshiro]

"Ella, he wouldn't shut up !" I grumbled. "Can I cut his tongue off ? He's mumbling too much--I'm getting annoyed !"

"Shh." Ella sighed. "You can't. We'll use him as bait, remember ? If he's dead, you can't attract the others." She stared at me, and smiled. "Please endure it for a while."

...Well, fine. Not like I have any other choice.

I was fine earlier. I didn't want this boy's head off earlier. Along with the other seven. Something... Snapped in me. Like it was pushing me to kill. Like I want more.

...Like bloodthirst.

"Ella-chan..." I whined, starting to feel my throat dry up. "I'm thirsty !"

"I have water somewhere here. You want some ?"

"...I didn't actually mean that..."

Ella turned to me, before grinning. "...Are you that eager to get more souls ?"

...I can't help but nod. Something was telling me that this was wrong... Like I shouldn't do all of this.

But, well, Ella said it's good so it is !

"Well, we're only a small distance away from the city. It's okay." She stopped walking and stood in front of me, making me stop and stare down at her. I was taller, but she was my master. I don't care if something happens to me... I'd do anything she says.

"Endure it for me." She whispered, before placing her warm hands on my cheeks, pulling me down to her. I didn't even resist--why would I ?

...She's beautiful. I wouldn't reject a kiss if it's from her.