Chapter 12: Run

[Blackstar]

"Kuroshiro !" I yelled, then mindlessly ran after him. I turned left, panting slightly as I saw him turn right in the next three blocks. Gritting my teeth, I used my Speed Star to chase him. He left Death City, why is he here ? He's the reason why (y/n) and I are fighting !

Skidding on the wet ground, I turned. But I made a stop. I ended up in a dead end… Kuroshiro was right in front of me, his glasses gleaming against the lightning's flash. Rain continued to pour down as my eyes went wide, staring at the person in front of me.

He raised his head, holding an odd grin. He was holding a katana… Straight through me. Out of a sudden, my stomach felt weird. Something went through it. Oh yes, your guess is right. His katana went straight through it. Blood started to dribble down one after another.

He pulled the katana out, making me jerk backwards and cough up a bit of blood. Gritting my teeth, I looked up at him as I held my wound.

"Tasty… Like candies."

"Blackstar ? What are you doing here ?"

My eyes shot wide. No… Not now. It's not safe here.. I know it's not. The girl, which was watching behind the whole scene, doesn't look nice. I mean, she's been staring at Kuroshiro's back with a malicious grin.

"L-look, it's not safe here… R-run and tell everyone else…" I clutched my wound in pain, then turned to (y/n). But she wasn't looking at me.

"K-kuroshiro…"

Damn it. Damn it.

Kuroshiro looked at her, then at me. "Wait, why do you guys know my name ?" He looked confused, spinning the katana and wiping my blood off of it.

"Of course they know you. They were the ones who did that thing to you."

The woman behind him said, smiling in an odd way. Shadows seemed to creepily crawl from her prescence…

I'm scared.

It's un-god-like. But I'm not scared of her presence. I'm scared of (y/n)'s safety. I'm wounded. It'd be harder to protect her. Especially now, I have a feeling the girl's a witch.

Kuroshiro looked startled for a while. Then, he narrowed his eyes. Gripping the katana tighter, he turned to the girl, as if asking if it's okay to… Attack.

The girl simply made a nod. Kuroshiro grinned, drooling a bit. "Your soul's spiky ! Ella said it's tastier than the one earlier !"

He made a slash, but was blocked when (y/n) pushed me away and used her arm to block. By arm, I mean katana blade arm.

"What's with you ?! I-it's me ! (y/n) ! Your weapon !"

[Kuroshiro]

(y/n) ? This girl is the girl in that cellphone…  So that's her name.

The spiky boy did his best to stand up, leaning against the wall. "(y/n), stop ! Inform everyone and get help !" He yelled, gritting his teeth. He clenched his fists and stood up slightly straight.

"You think I'm leaving you ? Yes, we had a fight, but I'm not letting you stay here wounded, Blackstar !"

That's his name. Blackstar. How weird.

The boy grinned, cracking his fingers and neck. "You're the top of the class, next to Maka, right ? Then you should've thought that if we both stay here, we'll both die."

Good thinking. Ella started to chuckle. "Either way, he's not letting any of you get away."

Something inside me churned. My sight changed. It viewed their sillhouettes… Like they were shadows. And their soul.

Eat.

Eat.

Power.

My sight went back to normal. Something took over me and probably controlled my body. I felt like I was a puppet. Raising the katana, I ran to (y/n).

[T-P-P]

"Wrong choice, four eyes !" I turned, just to see the spiky-headed boy,  run at him from his side. His wavelength was sparking in his hand. You watched, standing still and not knowing what to do. Should I leave him…? He was actually right. But…

"RUN (Y/N) !"

You gasped at Blackstar's voice. Gritting your teeth, you looked at him in worry before nodding. "O-okay… But… Make sure you stay awake, okay ? I'll be right back !" You yelled, turning to your heel and ran off, one thought in your mind.

"I'll be back, I promise.."