Chapter 11: Candies

[Kuroshiro]

"Good. We're here."

Ella smiled, turning to me. I looked at the city, blinking. "Death City…"

"So… What first comes to your mind when you see…" Ella held a hand out, and a blue soul flashed out. "This ?"

Power.

My inner thing said. My eyes went wide, and I shook my head hardly. Taking this is bad. I have a feeling that it is bad…

Ella made a smile, taking my hand. "Take it. It's fine. It won't hurt you." She patted my head like I was a ten-year-old. I looked at her, then at the soul. Should I really eat this…?

Eat it.

Eat.

Power.

What's happening to me ? Something seems to be controlling my hand… It brought the soul closer to my mouth… And…

I ate it.

It's… Tasty… Like a large bubble gum. Like candies. I feel like I want more… Is it okay ?

Ella laughed, taking my hand. "Hold your katana." She grinned, starting to walk. "We'll get more of those."

I smiled. "Really ?" I looked at her with bright eyes. She smiled, placing a motherly kiss on my forehead.

"Yep. Anything for you." She patted my head. "Come. We'll be going this way."

I followed beside her, looking around. Ella sighed, then turned to me. "Oh. I'm afraid the next one will be spiky… But it's tastier than the one earlier."

I blinked, then gave a small nod.

Wait, spiky ?

[Blackstar]

"What in earth is your problem ?!"

(y/n) sighed, sitting on the couch. "You always act that way ! What in earth is happening to you ?!"

"Look, Kuroshiro's gone. Gone, got that ? He left ! Why are you chasing after him ?!"

That's it. My fears. I knew this day would come. The day I would argue with her about this issue.

"He's my meister, Blackstar ! He was with me for 3 years ! Of course I'd like to keep contact with him !"

"He f*cking left ! If he wants to leave you alone, then f*cking let him !"

I mentally yelled. Our souls were starting to disconnect. Ah, damn it ! I'm getting too far. Blackstar, she's not wrong, you're being jealous to someone not here.

She stared at me, wide eyed. Oh no… Did I say that out loud ?

Tears started forming in her eyes. Immature. Immature. What's happening to me ? I never yelled at her ! Agh, I'm going mad. Damn it.

"(y-y/n)… I-I'm sorry… I-I didn't—"

She looked down, fists clenched. She ran off without a word, making me sigh. Okay, Blackstar. You can handle a mess of anything. But this mess you made,

I myself even doubt it.

How should I fix this…? Ask advice ? Tsubaki ? Nah… I shouldn't drag anyone into this. I made this mess. I made (y/n) cry. What kind of boyfriend does that ? Sighing, I grabbed a pen and a sticky note. I promised (y/n) I won't leave the house without telling where I'm heading. She's a worry-wart.. In a cute way.

Writing stuff, I placed it on the table, then changed into my green tanktop and shorts. Then, I took a walk outside.

I walked all around the city. Passed by Maka and Soul's apartment, Kid's mansion… Well, I went everywhere out of boredom ! Not only boredom though… I had to clear my head and think of a way to make it up to (y/n).

But then… Something strange happened next. A girl… And a boy wearing glasses… The girl was chasing a kid. The boy was following after her, dragging a katana.

Rain started pouring down… Theng a loud thunder came. Followed by lightning.

*flash*

My eyes went wide as the time seemed to turn slow-motion.

Green eyes. Brown hair. Glasses.

Is that…

Kuroshiro…?