Chapter 5: Shadows and Fears

"Damn that b*tch…"

Ella muttered angrily as she sat on a chair. Shadows flared around her,showing how angry she was. "I'll make sure she'll regret this…" She sighed,taking an accidental glance at Kuroshiro.

She remembered that she took his memories. An idea popped in her mind,smirking darkly as she sent the shadows to drain the water. Kuroshiro was awake. Ella unlocked the glass,standing up.

Kuroshiro fluttered his eyes open,looking around. His eyebrows furrowed as he stumbled slightly,his feet shaking because of blood loss. Ella quickly caught him,gently placing an arm around him.

"Who are you…" Kuroshiro muttered,his voice rough for not being able to drink enough water. Ella smiled sweetly,pulling away slightly and cupping his face. "I'm Ella." Kuroshiro's green eyes stared at her in confusion,his eyelids dropped halfway as he tried to stand up.

Ella led him to her bed,letting him sit. Kuroshiro held his forehead,feeling dizzy. "Do you know what your name is ?"

He looked down slightly,trying to remember. "Y-yeah… I'm… Kuroshiro…"

"Kuroshiro…?"

He took a long pause at Ella's question. His eyes widened in fear,trembling as his hands went cold from nervousness.

"I-I don't know… P-please… Don't hurt me…"

He muttered,looking down. Ella furrowed her eyebrows,pretending a worried frown. "I won't hurt you. Can you remember anything else ? Like… A family or something ?" She asked. Kuroshiro shook his head. "I-I don't know… All I can remember is my name… I-i…"

"No. It's okay. You don't have to force yourself to remember anything." Ella smiled. Kuroshiro looked up at her,quickly seeing her as a trustworthy person.

"I found you getting beaten up 8 months ago by a gang. When they left you almost dead,I took you here. You just woke up today." Ella covered up her lie with another warm smile. Kuroshiro gave a small nod. "T-thank you…" He mumbled.

"You're welcome."

Kuroshiro moved to the edge of the bed,sighing. "What can I do to thank you ?" He asked. Ella smiled,holding a hand out. "Be my friend. Help me look for the people who almost killed you." She paused,before continuing.

"So you can get revenge and kill them by yourself."

Kuroshiro stared at her hand. He still had the instinct that killing is a bad thing. And Ella knew that.

She placed an instinct of being a killing machine in her shadow. Also a command of giving her his full trust,and making him follow whatever she does,wherever she wanted to. After that,she sent it to him secretly.

Kuroshiro was about to say no,but Ella's shadow already reached his. It easily ate his shadow,and erased his will of staying in the right path. It was his fear that made it easy. Fear because of not remembering anything… And fear of being lost all by himself. He never wanted to be alone.

Kuroshiro's eyes narrowed in a deadly one,his face holding a plain expression as he took her hand. He looked up,placing his trust on her and giving another nod. Nod of approval that he'll follow her wherever she went.

Ella smiled with satisfaction as he saw his eyes. She took the glasses from them,tossing it to the floor and shattering it to pieces. "You're not the weak boy I found in the forest before.."

Kuroshiro sat still. Like a kid looking up at his mom. Ella leaned in,placing a kiss on his forehead.

"You'll prove it to them."