Chapter 23

Aria's P.OV

Dylan and I took the bus and went back home, we had to search for papers about Aidan. Luckily, Shay's mom told Ryder where they will be. We have to go to the basement. I opened the closet by the door and pulled out a Flashlight just in case. We walked to the kitchen and opened the door. Dylan tried turning on the lights but I guess they were fried I winked at him, indicating that I was right. I turned on the flashlight and we walked down the stairs. We could see a bit, and he had the flash on for his phone, the basement was really organized I mean I not surprised, Shay's mom is really organized. We decided to look at the top shelfs, if I know the Montgomery family, then I know they keep important stuff on the top.

" I take this shelf, you take that one!" He said pointing to the ones with the most paper. I groaned and walked away. All there were documents of cases that Mr.Montgomery has done, and I have to say, he's a pretty good lawyer. Sadly he can't be on Aidan's case since he is involved in it. I kept searching but I couldn't reach the top. Damn me and for not being tall enough.

"I found all his birth stuff and adoption things, but we need the legal documents for when they won him. " Dylan said walking over to me while he was flipping through the papers. He looked up and saw me struggling to reach the top, he put the papers down and started laughing.

"Oh just shut up and help me!" I said to him. He lifted me up and I could read and see them all. I found a bunch of cases that were put on pause until next year but I couldn't seem to find Aidan's documents. Dylan dropped me and I landed in his arms.

"I couldn't find them, they're not there!" I whined. He smiled at me and kissed me and I kissed him back.

"Okay okay I'll kiss you later let's continue looking!" He said blaming me. I gave him a look and then continued searching.

Nicki's P.O.V

We were at Miles house doing some research on Aidan's algid birth parents. We couldn't find much, only that both of them have been to jail before, but it doesn't tell us why. Miles' dad is a police officer and he agreed to let us go into his office at the station to do some more research.

"Can you hurry up already!" Miles complained.

"Excuse me! I'm wearing boots and they are difficult to put on! Annnnddd done!" I replied jumping up. We walked out the door and we took his moms car.

"Do you think they will end up taking Aidan?" He asked me keeping eyes on the road. I hesitated but then shook my head.

"No, we can do this. I will make sure Aidan stays with the Montgomery family. " I said. After that the whole ride to the station was quite.

****

"Look, look at these files!" Miles pointed out from behind a book shelf. I closed off the computer and walked towards him. In his hands were Aidan's "parents" files.

Alice and Jones Carter

Arrested: May 24, 2010.

Breaking in and stealing; manslaughter.

In jail for 20 years.

Woah. That's, that's something else. They're criminals. But it doesn't say any thing about them having children, so how could Aidan be theirs? This is all too much to take in, but maybe we can check the hospital for records since he was born here. But all of us have things to do...except Tucker!

"Miles!" I yelled out

"Yeah..?"

"Call Tucker and tell him to go to the hospital and check for records of the Carter family and look for Aidan's name!" I said. He looked confused and then understood. He nodded and opened his phone to call Tucker. I can tell they're lying. No way Aidan is their kid, he also looks nothing like them. They both have brown hair and brown eyes, and he has blue eyes and blond hair. Their face structures are totally different from his too. But..but why would they lie? Why would they lie about this thing. It makes absolutely no sense.

*Ryder's P.O.V*

I sent out people to different places and now, Shawn and I are going to a law firm. I need to get a lawyer for this, since we can't interfere without a lawyer.

"It coasts a lot to get a lawyer Yenno that?" Shawn said.

"Oh shut up I know!" I said laughing. We walked in and everyone looked at us weirdly. I mean, I can't blame them I was wearing ripped jeans and a Nike shirt, and Shawn was wearing his adidas outfit. We ignored them and walked up the stairs to where you get the lawyers. While we walked up the stairs we had so many people stop and stare. What? Never seen teenagers walk into a law firm?! We ignored them and continued walking to the top, where the best lawyers are. I told Shawn to wait in the waiting place while I talked to the secretary.

"Alright, our case is legit enough for them. We are getting a lawyer!!" I said cheerfully. We had to wait a while though, they said one of the best lawyers was picking up her daughter from Dance. Hmm, a lawyer and a dancer, that's pretty cool.

"Sorry sorry! Emily can you please wait here while I talk to these young gentlemen!" A voice said. Our heads turned and there was our lawyer with her daughter. Her daughter sat down and she took out a book from her locker and began reading. Shawn took interest in the girl but I told him he can talk with her later.

"So, what is it you two need?" She said.

"A lawyer.. A very good one. It's a very long story but if you have time, we can explain. " Shawn said. She nodded, indicating we should explain.

*Shay's P.O.V*

Tucker and I were in the forest for a while now just laying there. Tears wouldn't stop falling down my eyes, I am not losing my brother. Never. Tucker found me on my swings. He picked me up and we walked into the forest. He told me it calms him down and I guess it calms me down too. He didn't ask questions, he didn't say anything, he just laid there with me while I cried. Things are so complicated.

"I Know you're upset, but let's go to the hospital. They will have his birth records, if they're not here, they can pull them up from other parts of the world." Tucker suddenly said. He's right. I stood up, smiled at him, helped him up, and we ran to the car. I will not have another person leaving my life.