Chapter Three

We made it to the party and I made Ryder promise me he wouldn't leave me. I've never been to these big parties so I didn't know what to expect.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen. I'll be by your side every second I promise!" He said has he pulled me through the doors. I walked in and looked at everyone. I then looked down on my clothes. HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT FREEZING OUTSIDE?! They were all wearing really short skirts or booty shorts. I rolled my eyes and followed Ryder to where all the guys were. Dylan, Shawn, Miles, and Tucker were all sitting around a table.

"Look what the cat dragged in!" Tucker said waving over at us.

"You and your catch phrases!" His twin brother Miles said. We all sat around the table with them. We all laughed and chatted until we all decided to dance. Boy I wad having so much fun...until, I couldn't find Ryder anywhere!

*Nicki's P.O.V *

I walked in and saw all these people dressed in...barely anything! Ew! I walked around looking for a place to sit. I had no interest what so ever to socialize with everyone here. WHY DID I EVEN COME?! I decided to sit in the corner in the living room when I spotted Shay. Oh come on, she got invited? I guess I have no problem but that's a first I've seen her at one, she seems lost. I ignored everyone and her and got back to looking on my phone. I shuffled my Playlist and tried ignoring everyone else, that just about worked until I heard Shay talking really loud.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled.

"I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME!" She said louder. I unplugged my headphones and walked towards her. she was surrounded by 3 girls and 4 boys. 2 out of the 3 girls where holding her back while she kicked around. Where is Ryder?

"She said. DON'T TOUCH HER!" I yelled. They all froze and the girls shivered in fear, but of course, these dumb guys walked up to me. One of them threw a punch but I grabbed his fist and pushed him back.

"anyone else want to try me?" I hissed and they shook their heads and walked off. I picked up Shay and walked her outside. She had a bruise on the side of her face and scratches on her hands.

"Thanks.." She said weakly.

"Tielya?" I simply asked and she nodded.

"How'd you know?" She seemed surprised.

"I know her ways, I've been picked on. But are you alright?" I asked her worried. WHY AM I WORRIED? She nodded and touched her scratches and flinched. Just then, Ryder and Blake come running through the door.

"I'M SO SORRY, I LOOK AWAY FOR ONE SECOND AND YOUR GONE AND I'VE LOOK EVERYWHERE FOR YOU UNTIL BLAKE TOLD ME HE SAW NICKI PULL YOU OUT AN-" He stopped mid sentence and looked at her face and arms and his eyes grew wide.

"Who did this to you?!" He continued grabbing her arms.

"Tielya!" Blake responded and stormed inside and Ryder followed.

"Get her to the car, we are going somewhere else!" Ryder ordered and I agreed. I sat in the back seat with her and she sparked a convo.

"Why are you helping me?" She suddenly asked.

"I don't like seeing her hurt people. You've always been picked on by her and I never do anything. I wanted to help. why?" I asked.

"I thought you hated me!"

"Well did.. actually no, I just used to think that you thought you were so perfect. But I thought wrong. I'm sorry!" I said and she smiled.

"It's okay, I thought the same for you. I'm sorry as well!" She said and just then Ryder and Blake got into the car and drive off.

***********

"Where are we?" I asked as we got out of the car.

"Oh my god no!" Shy spoke up. Huh?

"I remember this place!" Blake spoke up.

"Yeah, our little meet up when we were younger!" Ryder replied. We all Sat around this table and talked and I guess for once, I felt like they accepted me. NO STOP NICKI WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! We all had a good laugh until we all decided it was late and head back home. They drove me off and they headed home.

*Shay's P.O.V *

We took Nicki home and then on the way to drop off Blake, Ryder was in over his head.

"Ugh I'm such such a bad best friend!!" He kept saying.

"Relax, you're not. She's fine okay!" Blake responded.

"Because of Nicki! ugh I will make it up to you I swear!" Ryder complained as Blake got out.

"Bye guys see you all tomorrow!" He said and left. I then got out of the back seat and sat with Ryder.

"Ryder relax, I love you still and nothing will change I promise you that. Wanna make it up to me? Then tomorrow after school, you, me and the amusement park!" I said to him as his eyes sparked with happiness. He pulled up on my drive way, I kissed his cheek and got out.

"Bye best friend!" He said.

"Bye ugly!" I winked at him and walked to inside.