Chapter 3 Death

(Short Chapter)

//Hanji POV//

---Five Days Earlier---

"Ha...ha...ha..." Hanji was panting as she ran across the hall underground of a hospital she has been hiding in. She was being chased, holding in her hand was a large bottle filled with a foggy clear liquid she reproduced. The liquid was the one and only serum capable to turn a human into a Titan-Shifter. Having been given by Eren to keep safe and study its elements. She followed in but decided to go into hiding to keep it safer. Now, she heard them...heard them enter the hospital...killing some of the doctors and nurses, looking for Hanji and are now chasing her down into the hallway underground.

Damn it...how did they find me?! Hanji thought as she gets the door and slams it shut. Locking it just in time as she heard banging on the other side of the door, now inside her lab but had no way of escaping.

"Open the door! On orders of the king! Open the door!" she heard yelling on the other side but then-

Boom!

The door is broken off...flying right at Hanji and she ducks as the door sails over her and crash into the wall. She looks in front of her...and gasped to see a Titan fist that is skinless and where the door used to be.

"...A Titan-Shifter..." Hanji understood now...there was a titan-shifter with the guards. She snapped out of as the guards started to enter the room. She ran quickly...straight to the sink. She held out a knife and cuts open the large bottle and the liquid runs down the sink and into the tubes of it. She watched it go until she was pulled back by the back of her hair.

"We have her." It was a guard who held her.

"We aren't here for her...the serum." She turns to hear a voice coming into the lab. She looks and sees a man. Not much older than her, little beard and a moustache, wearing grey clothing similar to the Survey Corps uniform but with a longer jacket and no symbol on the back. "Where is the serum?"

"Good luck getting it...you'll have to drink sewer water to get it..." Hanji smirked as she pulls up her glasses.

"She dumped it, sir...everything was in the bottle." One of the guards spoke up as he was looking around. Hanji was forced to her knees by the guards and the man walks towards her.

"You're a titan-shifter..." Hanji predicted.

"Of some sort...yes..." the man said. "Unstable...I can last long in my titan form...but that isn't the point."

"?!" Hanji silently gasped as the man quickly grabs her by the neck and lifts her a bit to make her look at him dead in the eyes. Staring right into his dark brown eyes that had nothing but evil...looks of a dead soul...like a titan.

"Where...is...Eren Jaeger..." the man demanded with a cold voice.

"...What?" Hanji gasped.

"Where is he? The so called 'hero' of humanity." The man demanded and looks up at the ceiling. "This world...it will always have those dark corners...forgotten memories...his enemies...his allies...all must die..."

"If your words and voice supposed to scare me...it's not working." Hanji bravely said to his face. But inside, she was actually scared...something she hasn't felt for years.

"Tell me where he is..." the man demanded.

"I don't know..." Hanji lied.

"You do know..."

"...I'll never tell you..." Hanji sheered but then-

*Grab*

The man grabs her by the side of her head with both hands...and then pain began to happen to her. She felt him...she felt him pulling in her mind...through her memories. And then he pulls away, pulling his hands off her and she collapses to the floor.

What...What in the world...Hanji was gasping for breath as she struggled to get on her knees.

"He lives near his hometown...right off in the forest along with a his best friend and the girl named Christa..." the man calmly said and Hanji looks at him in horror.

"...No..." it was the only thing she could say. "...H-How-"

"...I entered your mind...just like I did to Edwin. The king would be quite happy to know about Eren's location." The man told her.

"Edwin...?!" Hanji gasped.

"Hold her..." she felt the guards grab her arms and forced her to stay on her knees straight. She watched the man pull out a gun...she narrowed her eyes as she watches him raise it and points it at her head. "Any last words, Ms. Zoe?"

"...You'll lose..." Hanji smiled. She rather die with a smile on her face... raising her hand to look at it. The one memory she didn't expect to remember was the one...the memory about when she tried to pull out a teeth from Eren when she was doing an experiment. "When you find Eren...you'll lose..."

I failed to protect you and your family, Eren...please...stay safe and kill this bastard. Live a peaceful life so I can rest in peace...Hanji thinks as she closes her eyes and waits for her last seconds. Remembering the birthdays for Alice and Adam she had been in...

Everything was dead silent...even across the hallways in the hospital could the nurses and doctors and patients could hear the gunshot go off.