Chapter 25-Beijos Lucy (Kisses Lucy)

Lucy's Pov

So here I was again. Having dinner with Cristiano and his family again. Katia insisted on making dinner although I got the impression her husband wasn't that happy about it. Cristiano wasn't as happy after the game as I thought he would have been. Although he did seem to cheer up when Rodrigo told him I had jumped when he scored.

"Hey Cris you heading out later" Zé asks. "Wasn't planning to" Cristiano says placing his hand around my shoulders. "Should have guested" Zé says. "Guessed what" Cristiano asks. "That you are already whipped" he says. "He's not whipped. He can go out if he wants to" I say. How can he be whipped we aren't really dating. "Maybe Cris likes to spend time with his family" Katia says getting up from the table. "Remember what that's like" she say to Zé as she passes him.

I watch as Cristiano glares at Zé whilst Zé pours himself a glass of wine. Katia and Zé hadn't spoken much during the day. Although when they did it was only one word answers either gave. And judging by the look on Cristiano's face he thought something wasn't quite right with them.
Rodrigo suggests to watch a movie so after some gentle persuading Cristiano and Nuno agree and Rodrigo heads to the movie room with Nuno.

Katia arrives back into the room and she looks at Zé with hardly any emotion. "Katia let's leave the boys here to tidy up and we can go into Rodrigo" I say when Katia had come back into the room. "Hey that's her job" Zé says pouring yet another glass of wine. "Shut it Zé" Cristiano says. "You go in Lucy. We'll clean up" Cristiano says. "Ok" I say looking between Zé and Cristiano. Whatever was going to be said he didn't want me hearing. I don't know why but I place a kiss on Cristiano's cheek and quickly head to find the others.

"Lucy come sit" Rodrigo say pointing to the spot on the couch next to him. Katia is sitting quietly opposite us and I could tell she was holding back tears. "Where is Papa and Tió Cris" Rodrigo asks has he snuggles up to me. "In the kitchen. They'll be here soon" I say to him trying to focus on the film. "Mama can I have some popcorn, please" Rodrigo asks. "Hey you're just after eating" I say tickling his stomach. "I like food Lucy" he says. "Lucy could make you breakfast in the morning" Nuno says smirking. "Will you?" he asks looking at me. "Of course" I say glaring at Nuno. Guess that means I'm staying tonight. I hadn't planned on staying. Well ok I had packed a bag just in case. "Mama can I" Rodrigo asks again.

"Ok" Katia mumbles and Rodrigo goes to get off the couch. "Wait Rodrigo" Nuno and I say together and he turns to face us. "I'll get it, sweetie. You come sit and watch the film" I say. Clearing Nuno and I had thought the same thing. We didn't want Rodrigo walking in on Cristiano and Zé's conversation.

"It is my business when you upset my sister" I hear Cristiano shout as Zé walks towards the front door. "Happy now?" he shouts at me and walks past me. What did I do?

I walk to the kitchen and stop when I see Cristiano shaking his head. "You ok?" I ask. "I know you can't choose your family but I wish you could choose who they marry" he mumbles to me. He begins to make the popcorn that Rodrigo wanted whilst I started to clean of the table.
"You don't have to tidy up" he says. "I know. I'm just cleaning the table. Maybe I could persuade Nuno to do the washing up" I say smiling at him. "I like the sound of that" he says laughing. "Well it would be good practice since he's cleaning up the breakfast ware in the morning" I say picking at the bowl of popcorn that Cristiano had placed on the counter.

"I don't understand" he asks. "He told Rodrigo that I'd make him breakfast in the morning" I say picking up the bowl and heading back to the movie room. "So that means you are staying here tonight" Cristiano says. "Guess it does" I say. I managed to sleep beside him last week. Surely I could do it tonight.

"Popcorn" Rodrigo shouts as we walk into the room. "Here you go sweetie" I say to him handing him the bowl. "Where is Papa?" he asks and I notice Katia doesn't look up from the film. "He's gone out for a walk. Now watch the film" Cristiano says grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto the couch. We spent the next couple of hours sitting side by side on the couch as Rodrigo sat on my other side. Cristiano spent that time gently rubbing my hand with his thumb. My whole body felt warm as he touched me.

"Guess we are done finally" Nuno says as the credits begin to roll. "You know that you could have turned it off about an hour ago" I say. "What do you mean?" Nuno asks. "Rodrigo is asleep" Cristiano says taking his hand off mine and gets off the couch.

"Katia do you want me to take him up" Cristiano asks and receives no reply. "Katia" Cristiano asks more firmly. "Sorry" she says coming out of her thoughts. "Would you like me to take Rodrigo up to bed" he asks quietly. "No thanks. I'll take him" she says standing up and walking towards me. "I think I'll head to bed too" I say yawning. "Noite Lucy. Oh by the way I left the bag that was in your car in Cristiano's bedroom" Nuno says. "Thank you Nuno" I say. I really don't mind you taking my keys without asking I think.

I head upstairs with Marcosa at my feet. I head to the bathroom and quickly change into my red pjs before pulling back the sheets off the bed. "So you're a Shrek fan" Cristiano says standing by the door. "Why do you say that?" I ask. "You laughed more than Rodrigo" he says and I groan at the embarrassment. He heads to the bathroom and I climb into bed. "Not planning on throwing any pillows tonight" Cristiano asks as he walks around the bed. Well it's more of a strut than a walk. He was clearly trying to show off his toned body only wearing a pair of boxers.

"Don't worry I think you are safe. You're lucky I think this bed is comfy" I say wrapping the sheets around me. "Sure it's not being in the bed with me" he says laughing. "How about you swap with Nuno and we'll see if that's it" I say looking at him. "Noite Lucy" he says grumbly and turns of his bedside lamp leaving us in darkness. I'll say one thing for Cristiano. He was a gentleman. In the two nights I have slept on his bed he never touched me nor tried anything. Actually he really hadn't tried anything. Which was fine by me. Really it was.

"Lucy,Lucy" I hear a voice say as a hand touches my face. I open my eyes to see Rodrigo staring at me. "Rodrigo what's the matter" I say quietly looking over my shoulder to see that Cristiano was still asleep. "I want a drink and I can't find Mama or Papa" Rodrigo says close to tears. "I'll get you a drink" I say noticing the clock read 2.30 and quickly getting out of the bed I take his hand. I take him back to his room and head down to the kitchen to find Katia sitting at the table holding a tea cup. "Katia are you ok" I ask. "Lucy, what are you doing up" she asks in surprise. "Rodrigo wanted a glass of water". "Then get it for him so" Zé says. I jump having not noticed him standing by the fireplace.

"Lucy you can go up to Rodrigo" Katia says to me. I look at Zé and a sudden uneasiness comes over me. "You sure" I ask her. "Yeah go back to bed" she says and I pour a glass before I slowly head up the stairs. Katia clearly wanted to talk to Zé and it really isn't any of my business I think. "Here you go sweetie" I say handing Rodrigo the glass. "I want Mama" he says close to tears. Oh shit. "Mama and Papa are talking. But you can see them in the morning. Now let's get you wrapped up in bed again" I say. "No. I don't want to sleep here" he says shaking his head. "I don't want to sleep on my own" he says. "Right so come on" I say picking him up and carrying him back down the hall.

"Sshh don't wake Tío Cristiano" I say placing him in the middle of the bed. "What's going on" Cristiano mumbles. "Nothing go back to sleep. Rodrigo is sleeping here" I say getting back into the bed. "Why" he asks turning to face me. "Mama and Papa are talking and I don't want to sleep on my own" Rodrigo says yawning. "I'll tell you in the morning. Now you two go to sleep" I say.

"Lucy beijos" Rodrigo asks and I smile. "Noite Rodrigo" I say placing a kiss on his forehead. "Beijos Lucy" Cristiano asks. "Goodnight Cristiano" I say smiling.