Chapter Five

Cemil's POV

I watched the rude guy walk away and disappear down the hall. I wasn't weak and definitely wasn't small. He was just being rude to me.

I turned around and went my way. I texted Liam that I was here and went on to the classes. I knew where I was supposed to be so I headed that way. I peeked into the other classes as I passed by. Some of the children were listening to what the teacher said while the others just played around.

"Enough of that already and come help me." Mrs Conrad said from behind me and I jumped in fright with a shout. She started laughing and I looked at her sheepishly.

"Yes ma'am." I said and followed her to her classroom.

Mrs Conrad was pregnant and she was helped by Miss Charlotte who left days ago. I was to be helping her in her class. We entered the classroom and I glanced around it.

"I have 19 kids...I mean 20. I have a new addition today." She said, going to her desk and I followed.

"What are they doing?" I asked her since the kids seemed to be busy with something.

"Drawing a family member." She said.

My eyes scanned around the room at each and every kid. They all seemed to be into drawing and I smiled. I walked away from her desk and approached a certain kid. The kids sat on a chair and a small desk before them where they had there drawing.

"Hey there!" I greeted the little boy. He didn't respond to me and I looked at what he was drawing.

"What are you drawing?" I asked him again. He laid down his pencil and showed me his drawing.

"My sister Bella. She's a princess." He beamed.

"Wow! She looks great." I said and he went back to drawing with the smile still on his face.

I got up from my knees where I had to be in order to look at the boy's drawing. I went to another boy and he told me he was drawing a dog. Then I went to a girl who told me she was drawing her mother. I stopped by so many kids and they were drawing brother, sister, father, mother, dog, cats and some other pets they had.

Then my eyes gazed upon a boy. From what I could see from far, he wasn't drawing. He was reading. I took a step closer until I was standing before him. He was very focused on the book and didn't knew I was standing by him.

"Hi," I said kneeling beside him. He turned his head to me and I was surprised to see the boy I saw yesterday with Charles, Shane. I was pretty sure I heard Charles saying that the kid doesn't go to school.

'How are you Shane?' I asked and signed to him. I didn't know much sign language but it was enough to hold a conversation with this kid. He looked at me and signed.

'I'm fine teacher.'

'Why are you not drawing?' I asked.

'My pencil broke.' He said and showed me the broken pencil. I took it and went back to Mrs Conrad's desk where I sharpened the pencil. I took other two pencils from the desk and brought them back to Shane.

"Here you go." I said and gave him the pencils. He marked his book and closed it. I looked at the book and smiled.

"I would not have guessed you read this series." I said.

'I have all books. My dad got me this yesterday.' He beamed and I smiled. If I had met his dad yesterday other than that rude jerk, I would have given him the book even if it was the last one. At least I know his father would have asked nicely than that rude jerk.