Chapter Thirty-Seven

Zach's POV

'Boromir.'

'Zachary.'

'I'm sorry for what I did to you. I thought it was the best decision at that time but now I know it wasn't. You did a very good thing by ending the battle. A lot more people could have died if you hadn't done what you did.' I apologized to my dragon. Now that everything came back to me, I knew I had to apologize.

'You always saw me as a monster. Do you know how I felt when I realized you were scared of me? You ignored me since we were ten for an accident that I didn't mean to do. I was little by then and I couldn't control my powers. But then we grew older and you still couldn't give me time to at least try to get used to me.'

I closed my eyes, feeling his pain from his emotions. It was expected for a young dragon to do something wrong when they first change into their dragon form. The thing was, I had burnt my mother and it just scared me to do it again. Boromir was a strong dragon and I couldn't handle him. But he was right, we were just kids.

'People were dying and I had to do something. The only way that I could save them was what I had done. You didn't try to understand and only came to the conclusion that I was a monster and I burned them down on purpose.'

'Boromir I-'

'No Zachary. You listen to me.' He snapped and I stayed silent. 'We are supposed to be a team and not individuals. We are supposed to balance each other our flaws. You just can't dump everything on me and expect me to do it right.'

'I understand.'

'Good. Now please wake up already and check our mate. He must be devastated.'

'You know we have a mate?' I asked in surprise since I didn't tell him that. Yet.

'Yes. I have to be present to recognize him as our mate. I was on lockdown but I could see what was happening. And our mate gave me some strength to get myself together.'