Yunji's Explanation

"Let me explain my relationship with Jungkook. I'm his second-cousin, but we refer to ourselves as just 'cousins'. My grandfather, Jeon Jungmi, is much older than Jungkook's father, Jeon Jungbaek, but they're brothers with a really big age gap. So my mother, Jeon Taeji, grew up with Jungkook and they're cousins. My mother is older than Jungkook, obviously. With all of these age gaps, my mother didn't want me to be born to young parents, so whey waited until after Jungkook was born to have me. I'm a little over a year younger than Jungkook and am his second-cousin. It's a little confusing."
"That's okay. You explained it well," Rap Monster said.
"Thank you, oppa."

Yunji smiled at Rap Monster's compliment, then proceeded to discuss the rest of the story—in her point of view, of course...

[Yunji's POV]

My grandfather, Jeon Jungmi, married a Chinese woman, Yang LiPei, and had my mother, Jeon Taeji. And my mother moved to the United States for a better life. In America is also where she met my father, a Canadian-Korean, Im Buhyun, man with a passion for traveling. They fell in love, got married, and then about a year after Jungkook was born, I was born.

So here I am. Im Yunji. I'm (biologically) 17, soon to be 18. I grew up as an only child, so life was pretty easy. I learned how to speak Korean from my parents and also became fluent in English from my friends and teachers at school. Living in America also helps. Every now and then, I would see my grandmother and she would teach me a little Chinese.

Anyway, I traveled to and from America and South Korea constantly as a child. I was born in San Fransico, California, so it wasn't too difficult. I continued to visit Korea as I grew up. I'd usually go during the summer and stay for a good month and a half. I'd always visit either Seoul to see my father's family or Busan to see my mother's family. But because my father is also Canadian, most of his family from Canada moved to the United States to see us more often. Jungkook is on my mother's side, so whenever we would go to Busan, I would always see him and—sometimes—his brother, Jeon Junghyun.

I remember a small memory from when I was five. Jungkook was six at the time. I was never that girly, so I enjoyed playing outside with Jungkook. He was really athletic. We would always either be playing a game or searching for insects, like cool beetles. We caught a metallic black beetle one time, but we weren't allowed to keep it.

I remember what we generally did when I was twelve, and Jungkook was just barely thirteen. Jungkook had been learning taekwondo and was obsessed with video games. As for me, I was interested in music. I learning to play the guitar and was starting to sing a little. Of course, I knew a little K-Pop at the time. I was especially into Girl's Generation, 2NE1, and BIGBANG at the time. I introduced Jungkook to K-Pop. He wasn't willing to listen to much of it, but I forced him to listen to some of my favorite songs. I forced him to listen to G-Dragon. Little did I know that I had sparked a huge interest of music in my cousin!

After that visit, I turned 13 and I became a little less engaged in music and more interested in acting. I still sing and play music, just not as often. Then, I got a call from my cousin—Jungkook. It was like 2 AM in Korea when he called me. A lot must've happened since I had last seen him about six months ago. Apparently, he had been taking vocal lessons and learning how to play the guitar. He had this sudden insatiable interest in music and singing. He even told me his secret: he was being taught how to pop by some seniors at his middle school. I was truly shocked. But that wasn't the reason why he called. He had recently just auditioned for a show called Superstar K. And although he didn't make it, he was still scouted by 8 companies. One of them was Big Hit Entertainment! He then admitted to me that he chose Big Hit. But even though he made it into Big Hit (without a proper audition), he was being sent to America soon to get a better dance teacher in Los Angeles. I was ecstatic. My cousin was currently a trainee at Big Hit Entertainment and would be coming to America to the first time! It was all great until he told me about his older brother's choice to join the army, but I don't remember much about that. All could think about was him as a K-Pop idol!