Fight for Him

"We've only got an hour left with this guy," Suga started. "Should we just keep reading, or should we ask questions?"
"Isn't it obvious?" J-Hope asked. "Isaac is just stalling us by making us read the journal. I think it's time we start getting answers."

Jin glanced over towards the bathroom and still saw the red "occupied" sign on under the door handle. What's going on with you, Isaac?, he thought to himself, What's up with how you act? What did you do? More importantly, who are you?

"I agree," V said. "I think we've been really patient with him. It's about time that we get what he promised."
"Same here," Jimin nodded. "I'm tired of waiting."
"Then I guess it's settled?" J-Hope said.

Everyone nodded in agreement and continued to wait for Isaac to come out of the bathroom.

****

"'Missing something?' Are you fucking kidding me?" Rap Monster raged. "Who the hell does she think she is? I'm not some toy she can just play around with!"

He threw his phone onto his bed and waited for the satisfying sound of collision as he took a deep breath of disappointment. He rubbed his temples and then slowly sat down on his bed, staring at his room and the dorms. What happened before all of this started? Everything that was being unveiled was so complex and written in so much detail. There were barely any up's and always many down's. Everything that they're learning was slowly destroying their bonds as a band. Jimin now understands why Jungkook "hates" him and why Jungkook tends to avoid him. Maybe it was best for Bangtan to not know.

But yet again, they're beginning to truly understand and know Jungkook. Over three years and they're just now taking the time to know their maknae. Without these events, they would have never known about his struggle in high school and who he is as a person. As normal for a maknae, Jungkook was at first really shy. But as he grew up, he began to open up to his hyungs. They never knew anything about Jungkook until 2014 at earliest. The first six months were completely silent.

Could some of this possibly be...our fault?, Rap Monster thought to himself, I mean, in hind's sight, we never took time as a band—as a family—to get to really know each other. Sure, we got to know some trivial, first-impression information like favorite color, hometown, birthday, age, likes and dislikes, and stuff, but we never really went deep to talk about family, fears, feelings...basically nothing personal. There's no talk of emotion. To be honest, it is a little strange to talk about feelings, but girls do it sometimes, so I guess it wouldn't hurt for us to do so too, right? Aigoo...

The real question is: why did this happen to Jungkook? We're supposed to be figuring this out, but there always seems to be a dead end. It's so complicated and sad.

Out of everyone in the world, why did something like this happen to Jungkook? Maybe he was just too young when we debuted? Maybe we should've waited another year or so? I don't wish any of this pain to be put on someone else, but I'm just curious to know why. He's still so young. He was barely legal! Ever since he started to talking to me about his problems, he's always dreamt of being legal. Maybe being legal was too much for him? No. That wouldn't be the case. Jin-hyung has always lectured him on the responsibilities and disappointments of being an adult ever since he turned legal during our early days. Even with all of Jin's talks, Jungkook has always seemed eager to be an adult.

Maybe there's more in that journal? We've only covered about six or seven months out of three years. There's still a great deal of time between January of 2014 and September of 2016.

Instead of all of this solemn talk about death and suicide, why can't things just go back to the good old days? When Jungkook wasn't bullied and when we were all together and happy making music and performing for our A.R.M.Y.'s. What happened to innocence and youth?—"the most beautiful moment in life"?