Chapter 4

Alois pov

We walked inside the pharmacy. I kept my eyes on Alice.

"You gather what you need" I told her. She nodded and went off to a shelf of glass bottles. I turned to Claude

"I want her to be my wife, I want her Claude" I said and turned back around to face her.

"She's a nice lady your highness" Claude replayed. I allowed a sly smile to creep apon my face as I watched as she reached up for bottles.

Alice's PoV

I could feel Alois eyes locked on me. I had gotton use to glares from men but his glare felt different. His glare didn't sicken me like the others. His glare made me feel like I was someone special even though that sounds crazy. I grabbed what I needed and walked back to Alois

"Claude, sort this out" alois said in that stern tone, taking the bottles from me and handing them to Claude. He took them

"Yes, your highness"

Why was Claude referring to Alois as your highness. I'm pretty sure butlers refereed their masters as "Lord" or "master".

"Come Alice, you still need to answer my question" he said as he dragged me back inside the carriage.

We got inside the carriage and Alois sat in the same intrigued postion as before. I took a deep breath in. I was never going to see this guy again, I had the medicine and maybe he'll want some of my service and I'll get more money, however sickening that sounds.

"So what business" he said. His voice seemed dark

"I work at...I work at" I said. Building my self up

"Wendy's whore house" I said really fast and in a low voice. Alois face widened and he lent back. Great I knew I shouldn't have told him.

Alois pov

I can't judge her. I was forced into the same thing, well not same thing, but we both had to deal with sickening lustful eyes of dirty men who repulsed us. With a sick mother and a dead father I guess she had no choice but too. I looked up and her blue eyes started to tear up.

Alice's PoV

I put my head down, but then I felt some arms wrap around me. I felt warm and safe and protected, something I hadn't felt in a long, long time. Alois moved his mouth near my ear and whispers

"I've had an olds man lustful full eyes burn into me too" he said. He pulled away when Claude opened the carriage door and handed me a bag.

"Now, miss Alice, where do you live" he asked.

" just drop me off at the butchers, I need to get some lamb, I can make my own way home after that" I replied. He nodded and shut the door.

I wonder what Alois meant. A old man lustful eyes? He didn't seem like someone who would go though that. Then I remembered he has lost his parents. I look at Alois. He had a past, different from the one I assumed he had.

"What do you mean, about the old man" I asked. Alois eyes sunk to sadness

"Let's not talk about that okay" he said with a almost snappy tone. I nodded. The ride was silent. I looked out the window. I knew Alois was staring at me in deep thought. I wonder what he was thinking. I looked at him now and then and I couldn't read his face. He looked sad yet angry, disturbed yet calm.

We soon reached the butchers. I turned to Alois

"Thank you" I said as I stood myself up. Alois turned to me

"It's my pleasure, don't let them hurt you anymore okay, see you around wonderland" he said with a wink. Claude opened the door and I walked out with a wave.

Alois PoV

I watched as she climbed out. I felt a dull pain. I didn't want her to leave. I didn't know how I was going to get her but I was going to. She was not going to leave me.