Chapter 5

Alice's pov

Apart of me missed Alois. I had know him for only a shot about of time but I felt like I had know him for a much longer time.

"Miss, miss" I herd the butcher say. Snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up

"Oh yeah sorry" I handed him the money and grabbed the bag containing tonight's meal. I started to walk home. Carrying the heavy bags with me home.

I saw Alois pass in his carriage before it came to a stop. I then saw him hop out and run over to me

"Need some help" he asked taking a bag from me

"Thank you" I smiled.

We got back inside his carriage and we went the 5 seconds it look to get to my sorry excuse of a house. Alois took a bag and followed me out the carriage. I went to open the door and a rush of badness came over me. I felt hesitant but carried on.

Alois PoV

She seemed hesitant to open the door but carried on. As soon as she did she dropped her bags and collapsed to the floor. Claude came out and I looked to see what she was looking at. A little boy, around 4, was laying face down at the bottom of the stairs. Blood surrounding him. Alice dragged her self over and knelt by him.

"No, no please" she softly cried, running her hand though his blood soaked hair. I slowly began to walk over to her and knelt by her side. The scene was oh too familiar.

Luca

I felt my eyes sadden as I placed my hand on her back

"You know, I lost a brother too" I whispered to her. She turned to me. Her eyes swollen and cheeks damp

"He wasn't my brother" she cried. Then looked down, slowly threading the boys hair between her fingers

"He was my son" she whispered.

Alice's pov

Flash back

I was only fourteen. I was only a child and already I was going to have one. I had just started my job. Working at Wendy's whore house. Mother got sick, after I came back from.... Those dark memory's. She was too sick to work. We needed money. So that's why I did what I had to do. No body cares about my age. There urges where too big. And thats how it happened. Mother told me to pretend that he was my brother. So the neighbours didn't think anything bad of us. According to her, the father was a boy from the town, she didn't know it was a old man who's only desire for me was my body. She didn't need to know what I put my self though to get the food on the table and I wanted to keep it that way.

Months passed and i had to ware baggy clothes and hardly ever go out expect for work. My mother use to stuff pillows up her dresses when ever she left the house pretending she was the one carrying it.

When the time came, mother helped me. Yes I was scared but I did it. And after that Elliot became my brother. Not my son. And I was a sister, now a mother

Flash back over

Alois pov

I was taken back but she was looking down. Running her hands though his hair, tears rolling down her face. She looked up at me and with a faint smile said

"He's with the angels now" and kissed him. She then let his body back down and took a deep breath

"I'll go tell my mother" she breathed out. I could tell she was hurting but trying to hide it. It takes a lot of courage to do that.

Alice's pov

I was used to hiding my feelings and letting them go to one side. I had to. When I was a child and I was....no let's not talk about that. But though my time, also, working at Wendy's whore house I had to hide everything away. Feel numb or the pain would have been unbearable.

I started to walk up to mothers room. She was sleeping. I went up her and grabbed hold of her hand. It was cold. Colder than normal. I started to panic and started to take her

"Wake up, please wake up" I silently screamed though gripped teeth and tears. She wasn't waken up. I tried to feel for a pulse but there was non.

Was she dead.

Oh god please no. Please god no. She was all I had left.

"Please don't leave me, please, please don't leave me" I screamed shaking her awake. Tears just pouring from my face.

Alois PoV

I herd her crying from upstairs. The same words left had left my mouth too. I felt a tear roll down my face. I then turned to Claude

"Claude, sort all this out, I'm taking Alice back to my manor, she has nothing anymore" I sighed. Looked down at the dead boy on the floor. His brown hair reminding me of Luca.

"Yes, your highness"