Loving Me

Comments I received this week:
" are you sagging? I hate girls who sag"
- My jeans don't fit because I've lost weight from being sick you assholes. What kind of person hates someone because of how their jeans fit?

" Why are you learning sign language, you're so weird"
- There are about 70 million people with hearing impairment in this world who use sign language. I find it inconsiderate that people around this world don't find it essential to make room in you lives to accommodate people who are wonderfully different.

" Are you going to run, you need to get your summer body"
- I don't need to get a summer body. You need to stop making me feel bad about a body that I'm trying desperately to love despite all that society tells it.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

After all of this, I looked in the mirror and realised... wow, after all those hurts, scars and bruises, after all of those trials, I really made it through . I did it. I survived that which was supposed to break me... so i straightened my crown and walked away.... like a boss.

You are strong because
You have been weak

You are fearless because
You have been afraid

You are wise because
You have been foolish.

Self love is an ocean
And your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of people you hold dear. But you must come first!

Sexy is not a size,
Every calorie is not a war,
Your body is not a battleground.
Your value is not measured in pounds.
You are just as beautiful as anyone else.

If you've been criticising yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.

I gymed, I dieted, I starved and none of it worked, so one day I woke up and I said to my body, softly ' I want to be your friend' it took a long breath and replied, 'Finally, I've been waiting my whole life for this'

-Lovingly accept yourself as you are right now.
- Appreciate all the beauty that makes you who you are.
- Give thanks for all your blessings regularly.
- Do not criticise yourself.
- Do not criticise others.
-Forgive yourself.
- Be kind to others without sacrificing your own needs.
- Take responsibility for your own life.
- Love yourself to the best of your ability.
- If you have a bad thought about yourself, tell it to go to hell, because that's exactly where it came from.

If we want to change the world as feminists, we need to love ourselves. Society benefits from our self-doubt, it's rebellious to love yourself, so unleash your inner rebel.

Empowering women. This is where it starts. If we can't love ourselves, we won't be able to love the millions of people that are counting on us feminists.

So kiss your finger tips and hug your own curves. You are a goddess. I hope you haven't forgotten.

This Chapter was to thank you for the 600+ reads that I have received in less than 2 weeks. I can't honestly tell you how much this means to me. I may not know most you, but I have a special place in my heart for all of you.

Sending love to you from Rwanda.