Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I couldn't have been more excited for the rally. Everything I had just wanted to prove myself to Rosie, and the rally could not have been a better place to do that. The interview was just a warm up; it was only a practice round. This would be the real test.

When I got up on Friday morning, I was just so elated. I didn't even mind that I had to socialize with Maya during breakfast. Maya didn't really seem to get what all of the excitement was all about, but that was okay. She was allowed to exist in her own little bubble that was probably stuck in 2005.

I didn't see Adam on the way to work that day. I was hoping to see him, but he just wasn't there. I wished that he was though. I hated to say it, but Adam did make my day just a little bit brighter.

Work wasn't particularly interesting. Rosie and I just made a few last minute preparations for our trip. Finally, at around noon, we left for the airport.

Rosie and I took the train into Des Moines, and then took a taxi to the airport. Once we got there, we had our bags checked, went through security, and waited for our flight. "Are you ready for this, Ivy?" Rosie asked me as we waited.

"Definitely," I told her. I looked out the window at all of the planes taking off and landing. "This is just so exciting. Do we do stuff like this often?"

"We travel sometimes, if that's what you're asking," Rosie said.

"My friends are going to be so jealous," I said.

"Remember, this is a business trip," Rosie said. "When we get to Washington DC, there won't be much time for sightseeing. You're going to be taking pictures, and I'll be taking notes."

"I know," I said. "This is still going to be awesome."

Our flight finally arrived, and we boarded the plane. The flight wasn't particularly long - two and a half hours at most. Rosie read for most of it, and I texted my friends. It went something like this.

strange_quark: Hey, are you in Washington DC yet?

MochaKitty5: Nope, still on the plane. I think we r flying over ohio sector right now.

Oboetastic: Planes are the worst. I'm always nervous when I have to fly.

strange_quark: Henri? Since when did you have an Angel Wings account? Also, your username is cool, but "oboetastic" is not a real word.

Oboetastic: Maya helped me set one up yesterday. Thanks! I am happy that you like my username.

strange_quark: I could have showed you how to do it, or you could have at least told me your username so I could follow you.

Oboetastic: I'm sorry Jack. Will you forgive me?

strange_quark: Of course. It wasn't that big of a deal, and I love you anyways.

MayaThePsychic: Hey, what's up?

MochaKitty5: I didnt invite u 2 the group chat.

MayaThePsychic: Well, I didn't invite you to the playground yesterday, so I'm going to barge into the group chat.

Oboetastic: I invited Maya. I did not think that it was fair that you did not invite her.

MochaKitty5: Why do all of u txt with perfect grammar and stuff? I thought that my friend Chloe was the only one that did that.

strange_quark: It makes you sound more educated and professional.

MochaKitty5: grammar nazi.