Chapter 46

Chapter 46

The next day, I woke up to the sound of Maya screaming. "HELP!" she yelled. "SOMEONE GET THIS STUPID CAT OFF OF ME!"

I reluctantly got out of bed and entered Maya's room. Dash was resting peacefully on Maya's bed, but she was still screaming, "IVY! GET YOUR CAT OFF OF ME! AND CLOSE THE GODDAMN DOOR NEXT TIME WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!"

I lifted Dash off of Maya's bed. "Seriously Maya?" I said. "Dash isn't going to kill you."

"Why was that cat even in my room?" Maya asked. "I told you to close the goddamn door."

"I'm sorry, Maya," I said, "but as I said, Dash is harmless."

"That thing is a demon cat, I swear!" Maya said. "I can't believe that he didn't go to Hell."

"Dash is the sweetest cat I know," I said, stroking his fur.

"I don't believe that," Maya said. "One of these days, you're going to leave the door open, and Dash is going to sneak in here and suffocate me."

I laughed. "That's silly," I said. "Dash wouldn't do that."

"You need to get rid of that thing," Maya said.

"Dash is mine," I said. "I refuse to get rid of him."

"He's going to kill me!" Maya said. "I mean, squids are evil according to the video for Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time, and water buffaloes are always ordered disloyally, so cats are probably evil too."

"I don't get it," I said.

"It doesn't matter," Maya said. "Your cat is clearly a demon, so you should get rid of it."

"Him," I corrected. "Dash is a him, not an it."

"Don't try to humanize your demon cat!" Maya exclaimed.

"I don't get why you hate Dash," I said. "He's so sweet."

"I don't get why you hate My Chemical Romance," Maya echoed. "They're so awesome."

"No, they're really not," I said. "They're too emo."

"Have you even listened to them?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, I listened to Helena," I said. "It was too metal for my taste."

"Too metal?!" Maya said. "That doesn't even make sense! MCR isn't metal!

"You're not making sense either," I said. "Dash is so nice."

"This is why I never had a pet," Maya grumbled. "They're so annoying."

"You should still be nice to Dash," I said.

"Why should I do that?" Maya asked. "He's not being nice to me."

"He was being cute and affectionate!" I argued.

"Waking me up early isn't cute or affectionate," Maya countered.

"Well, you woke me up with your screaming!" I complained. "How is that fair? I needed more sleep!"

"And I needed help getting your stupid cat off of me!" Maya yelled. Dash suddenly jumped out of my arms and sprinted downstairs. "Yes Dash!" Maya said. "Run! Run away from here! Run far away and never get involved in Ivy's obnoxiousness!"

"Hey!" I said. "Stop taunting my cat!"

"He deserves it," Maya said.

"No, he doesn't, and you need to stop it," I said. "If you're not going to be nice to Dash, then maybe you should live with someone else."

"I was here before you!" Maya shouted. "It's not my fault that you almost got into Hell!"

"And it's not my fault that you're so self-absorbed that you can't see what a pain you're being!" I exclaimed.

"I could say the same about you!" Maya argued.

"I'm not a pain!" I said. "You are!"

"That's not true at all," Maya said. "You're just a snotty, selfish idiot with no idea how to treat other people nicely. You can't respect other people's wishes, and I wish you had ended up in Hell!"

"I wish you had gone to Hell instead!" I exclaimed. "You deserve it!"

"No, you do!" Maya said.

"You think that Dash is evil!" I said.

"He is evil!" Maya argued. "He should go to Hell with you! I wish that I never had to see you or your stupid cat again."

"I wish that you would get out of my house," I said. "You don't even belong here."

"Who said that I didn't?" Maya said.

"I did," I said.

"Again, you're the one who doesn't belong here!" Maya said. "I was here first."

"That means nothing!" I shouted.

Maya sighed. "I'm going to work," she said. "Just remember that I HATE YOU!"

"Glad to know that our hatred is mutual," I said as I went back to my room. Never had I been so glad that I was taking a day off from work. I slept for another few hours before realizing that the day was slipping away from me. I went to Starbucks to get a mocha frappuccino, and then watched some TV during the afternoon. Overall, it was a nice day, and I was glad that Maya was finally gone. Some of her words still stung though. What if I was just a selfish idiot? I had said some pretty nasty things to Maya. Nevertheless, I ignored these thoughts and tried my best to enjoy myself.

I was snuggling with Dash on the couch when I heard something. At first, I thought that Grandma had dropped something in one of the back rooms, but the sound was far too loud for that. Dash yelped, and I got up and looked out the window. I couldn't believe what I saw.

It was another demon.