Chapter Fourteen

Jessi looked at their phone, ignoring it once more when Ben called. They turned it off quickly, not wanting to look at his picture once.

"You did a great job, Jess. I'm surprised."

They cringed at the name, looking down at their phone. They wanted nothing more than to call Ben, but they can't. They just can't.

"I'm surprised you aren't caught. You and I should be partners together."

Jessi began to tear up, turning their phone back on. The person talking to her began to laugh, shaking their head as they walked off to another room. Jessi allowed a tear to roll down their cheek, shaking a bit when they saw the notifications.

Eight missed calls from Benny💅🏽

Eight voicemails from Benny💅🏽

Jessi sighed, unlocking their phone to hear the messages. They put their phone near their ear, crying louder now.

"Hey, Jess. I miss you. Please call as soon as you can. Not Scott, Avi, Kevin, and Mitch soon though."

Jessi giggled, moving into the second message.

"I miss you. I'm so sorry that I left. I had no choice. I would have been sent to a different home if I didn't."

Third one.

"Listen...I'm sorry. I couldn't say goodbye. I didn't want to break your heart. Pick up."

Forth.

"I miss you and a day hasn't even passed yet. Call...please. I miss your voice."

Fifth.

"Jessi? Please...pick up."

"JESSI, GET JORDYN!"

Jessi jumped, picking the small one year old from her highchair. Jordyn giggled, loving that she is seeing a familiar face. They ran out of the kitchen, handing Esther the small child. Jordyn began to cry, wanting to be with her family.

Her real family.

"Get out of my face."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Jessi walked upstairs, ready for the sixth message.

"The Pack misses you. They couldn't believe it. We are nothing without you."

Seventh.

"I understand if you don't love me anymore. I couldn't say I love you because I am afraid that once I leave, I would have found someone else to love. I couldn't do that. I'm so sorry, baby."

Jessi cried, sitting down on the uncomfortable bed Esther gave them. Never in a million did they expect that they would be kidnapped nor be expected to kidnap a small child. All this happened so fast and they cousins believe it. They left a letter explaining their absence, saying that they moved back in with their parents.

Why did I lie?

What would Tori and Avi do to them once they find they basically helped with Jordyn's kidnapping?