Chapter Thirty Six

This is Benessi's chapter.

Another short one.

Also, it seems like people do not understand that I do not want to write another book in the series. I had someone ask me to write a book were Different is written as 'episodes'. I have said multiple times that I am only writing one -shots now for Different and I will delete any comments that ask me to write anything that involves another book in the Different series.

I'm sorry.

No. Do you know what? No I'm not. I should not be sorry for the feelings I have about this series. Only a few people know how I actually feel about it. I still love you all, but I feel like some of you have not noticed how stressed out I am about this series.

*sighs loudly*

I'm glad I got this off of my chest.

Onto the story.

"Jessi? I have a question for you."

Jessi looked from their journal, smiling when they saw Ben with a shy smile on his face. They sat up, letting Ben sit next to them.

"What's up?"

"It's about our future."

"Oh."

Ben nodded, sighing as he thought  about what to say. When an Omega turns eighteen and their Mate is an Omega, they have the choice to live on their own. Of course, they have to live by a trusted Alpha (*cough* not Jake. *uncough*), but then do not have to live with them. They will have to give their Lead Alpha updates and tell them right away if something bad happens to them. Ben feels like he is ready for it, but he downs know how Jessi feels.

Hopefully the same.

"I was wondering if you wanted to move away and live in a house that only belongs to us?"

"Oh," Jessi replied once more, closing their journal. Ben sighed, waiting for them to answer. "That's a quick adjustment, Ben. Moving out on your own when you're an eighteen year Omega is usually planned six months before turning eighteen. Why didn't you ask earlier?"

"I didn't know if you were ready yet," Ben answered honestly, hearing the bath water turn on. He sighed sadly, turning back to Jessi with sad eyes. "I feel so bad for Mitchy."

"Me too," Jessi murmured, shaking their head as tears gathered in their eyes. "If we never told Mitch that was he was the reason why he caused all the problems in the Pack, he wouldn't have run away."

Ben shrugged his shoulders, not knowing how to respond. At the end of day, everyone has to realize that it was Mitch's choice to run away. As much as he wanted to say that the reason Mitch went through all this stuff because of his own choices, he has to realize that he would've ran away too. He would have been just as hurt as Mitch was so there's no point in shaming Mitch in what he has done and what has happened to him.

"I feel so bad for him. I just want to be okay."

Jessi nodded, their hair covering their face to hide the tears. It stayed quiet for a few more minutes, the sound of the bath and the fan the only sounds in the room. All stayed quiet until...

"Jessi?"

"Yes, Ben?"

Quiet once more.

Then...

"How do you feel about having a child?"

Jessi smiled, brushing Ben's hair softly. They nodded, kissing Ben's nose as they moved to his lips.

"I've been wanting a child myself for a little while."

"Maybe by the time the baby is born, we'll have our own house."

"Maybe."

Ben smiled, sighing as he looked at the rings on his and Jessi's fingers. All of this started because of the rings. Ben stole the rings and Mitch got punished for it. He would never forgive him sled for that.

"Ben?"

"Yes?"

"Could we kiss?"

"Of course."

They closed their eyes and as soon as they moved closer together, there was a shrill scream. They both jumped, their eyes wide as they shared a look. Scott came into their room, Mitch right behind him. They both looked scared, not knowing what was going on.

"What that one of you guys?!"

"No, it came from downstairs."

The four them ran downstairs, hearing Tori hysterically. Scott ran over to her quickly and saw what she saw, crying himself. Mitch gasped, shaking his head as he ran over to the scene. Scott pulled him back, pulling into a hug. Mitch cried silently, shaking his head as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"NOOOO," Jessi yelled, falling on their knees. Ben was quick to catch them, crying himself. "WHY, WHY, WHY?!"

"I don't know, baby. I don't know."

A/N: Any guesses on what happened?;) Only a few lucky people know. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐶💕🎤