Chapter Sixteen

WARNING: Panic attack

Mitch was quiet the entire time on the ride to Sacramento, Scott not even talking to him once. This made Mitch happy because he knew that if he spoke, he would start crying because Scott is leaving for a long time.

"Mitchy?"

Mitch jumped, looking at Scott with wide eyes. The Alpha pointed to the airport, his blue eyes full of tears. Mitch nodded, taking a deep breath as he opened his door.

"Are you ready to go?"

Scott nodded, turning off the car and opening his own door. Mitch swallowed the growing lump in his throat, getting out of th me car quietly. Scott went out too, closing the door quietly as he wrapped his arm around Mitch. A little kid saw him, widening his eyes as he walked up to Scott. He pointed at Scott's badge, tilting his head a bit.

"What's dat?"

Scott looked down at his badge, smiling weakly as the little looked up at him. Mitch felt a tear in his cheek, wiping it quickly as he started to walk. Scott was quick to follow him, waving goodbye to the little boy as his mom dragged him away.

"That's my name badge! People get to know who I am. My name is Scott!"

"Bye, Scott!"

Scott nodded, taking deep breaths as he saw Mates saying goodbye to their loved ones. He saw Kelsey writing some stuff down and talking to Council Members silently, patting the backs of their Mates. Kelsey saw Scott, smiling weakly as she walked up to him.

"I'm so sorry, Scott. I didn't want you to be enlisted, but The Council forced me to. It's like some are The Pioneers."

"Tell me about it," Scott murmured, shaking his head. Kelsey wrote something down and handed Scott some dog tags from her pocket, shaking as she did so. "What is this for?"

"It's...um...your identification of you are found...dead."

Mitch gasped, putting his hand over his mouth. He had his other hand at side, trying his best to keep it from shaking crazily. He shook his head, looking at Kelsey seriously.

"He is not going to die. He is going to come home and everything will be okay. He will win and end The Pioneers. He might change the rule about couples being executed for not wanting to fight. He is going to win and everything will be okay, okay?"

Kelsey nodded, tearing up as she patted Scott's back. Another couple came, obviously on the younger side. Kelsey hugged Scott carefully, walking over to the couple so that Scott and Mitch could talk.

"Scott?"

Scott nodded, looking over at his husband. His heart broke when the tears welling up in Mitch's eyes, wanting nothing more than to wipe them away. Mitch took a deep breath, wiping his eyes as he looked at his husband seriously.

"You are going to win this war. You are going to come home and our children will be back. We will watch our beautiful children grow up. We're going to tell them about Macy and about how much she loves them. Heck, we'll have another kid if you want to. You are going to come home after this war is over and we will be a Pack again.

"Jordyn will be back too and she is going to date Melody. Ben and Jessi are going to be married, even though they aren't talking to each other right now. Kevin and Alyssa will have 'No First Name Yet' Joshua Olusola and Avi and Tori will have Haley Anne. All of our kids will have their own Pack, even though there are nine of them. We are going to watch them grow and get married and then we're going to die together, okay?"