Chapter 8

I woke up feeling light headed. I was alone in a car in the middle of a town, confused as to how and why I was here. Then it all came crashing down on me. Me trying to run away and Caleb catching up to me and marking me. If he thought that would keep me close, boy was he wrong. The door was unlocked so I took this chance to make a run for it. I was done playing nice with him, so I started to walk away and once I made it to the tree line I shifted into my wolf and started to run away. The further I got away from the town the more pain I felt until I couldn't go any further. I laid down on the ground and just waited for him to come after me. It didn't take long for me to hear him coming to where I was. He sat down besides me and started to pet me between my ears. I didn't want to give in, but his fingers felt really good and the pain started to ebb away. 

"No one has taught you about the bond have they?" Living away from society, I only knew about the mate bond from what my dad experienced. I always thought it was something bad and only caused pain, but to my defense it has only caused me pain. Getting bit in the neck and then feeling pain in my chest as I tried to run away.

"Come on. We're close to the first pack. Change and I'll meet you in the truck." He put some clothes in front of me and I was confused as to how he had  spare clothes.

"While you were out (sleeping), I decided to go and shop for you in this town." I didn't know if what he did was creepy or sweet. Nonetheless I took the clothes in my mouth and shifted back to my human form and changed. 

Caleb isn't a bad shopper. He bought me a white tank top with buttons in the front and mid thigh jean shorts with white converse. Once I was dressed I walked back out to see Caleb's back to me while on the phone.

"Good to hear James." He spoke into the phone. He must have sensed me watching because he turned around a motioned for me to follow him. I followed him out to the car and we were on our way to the first pack we were suppose to meet.

"So...aaa.. what do you do when you visit packs?"

"Check up and see how they are doing. See if they need help. Watch them train. They hold a dinner for me. stay the night and leave the next morning."

"ooo. Sounds fun." I said sarcastically while looking out the window.

"The rest of the clothes I bought for you are in the backseat." I focused my eyes on the back and saw bags upon bags in the back."

"Caleb... This is too much!." 

"You needed clothes anyways." he shrugged it off.

"T-thanks." 

"Anytime. We're getting close and I just want you to know that I expect you to be on your best behavior. You are queen and Luna so they are looking up to you." Out of anyone in this world, I had to be queen, I thought.

After another hour we pulled up to a huge white mansion and I saw tons of people starting to surround our car.

"Ready beautiful?" I'm not a good people's person so I must have looked nervous.

Caleb must have noticed my nervous state because he grabbed my hand and spoke, "Don't worry Darlin' I'll be by your side every minute." he then got out of the car and walked around to my side to open my door. I stepped out and was immediately greeted by all eyes looking at me. 

"Good afternoon Woodlawn pack. Please make my mate and your queen feel as welcome as you have me." I looked through the eyes of these people and noticed a lot of the girls glaring at me. They must be jealous, Caleb was a good looking man. He had brown hair that came just above his eyes with dark blue eyes, since he was a wolf and king at that, he had really good abs and muscles that bulged out of every shirt he wore. He was eye Candy, that's for sure. 

"Excuse me King Caleb." some girl spoke out. "But I don't think she's a good fit for the kingdom." Caleb glared at the girl who spoke out.

"And why do you say that?"

"She doesn't look strong at all. If we were to get attacked by rouges shouldn't we want a queen who can fight?" Her and her friend group started to giggle and stare me down.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Yes! me and you should be together not that nobody." Me and my wolf barely ever talk to each other, but I could feel jealousy brewing inside of her. I guess my wolf had some feeling towards our mate or she was upset someone was challenging her to a match and knew this bitch obviously didn't stand a chance. 

Caleb turned to me, "Melody, do you accept the challenge?"

"Whats your name I asked?"

"What's it to you..... Luna." she spit out the Luna part. 

"So I can accept your challenge."  I said sweetly. I'm suppose to seem poised right?

"Gina.. is the name." She seemed rude to me.. The only thing I ever did was step out of this car.

"Well.. Gina I accept you challenge. How would you like to fight?"

"Wolf form..... and you better put up a good fight." she said walking away with her group. She wasn't ugly but she wasn't the best looking person. She had make up caked to her face and she wore a top that showed more than it cover. Her shorts rode up her butt to show her butt.

As I was watching her walk away I noticed how the group dispersed and a tall, strong male started to walk our way. 

"I'm sorry for her behavior Luna." The mysterious man said.

"No it's okay, my dad told me I have to train everyday so it'll be a good thing and please call me Melody."

"Nice to meet you Melody, I'm Alpha Jared and welcome to the Woodlawn pack. We are very please to have the king and queen in our presence. Do you need any help getting ready for your.... challenge?"

"No thank you I said." I looked to Caleb and he looked like he was ready for me to put Gina in her place. 

"Sir, would you like me to punish Gina for her behavior?"

"no need Alpha Jared, the embarrassment that's about to happen should be punishment enough.

-------------------------------------------------

Hope your enjoying the book so far :)

-Sami xx