Chapter 31

Over the next few weeks, life returned to normal. Caleb going about doing King business and consulting me when he needed help. The future alpha camp came and went it seemed the future of all the packs were bright with great leadership coming their way. As for Josh, I don't see him that often because he's super worried and protective over Jessica. I do see Jessica quiet often because we have lots of movie nights with ice cream and then get in trouble with Josh because she isn't sleeping like she should be. It's super nice to be able to hang out with her and watch her stomach starting to grow. I literally can't wait to become an Aunt.   

I was currently out in the field with my dad training the pups like normal when my dad started to walk towards me.

"Where is your mind at Melody?" 

"Elsewhere," I said shrugging my shoulders. "How's Josh?"

"You know, stressed, but happy to become a father. He'll be a great dad." Dad looked prideful at the thought of having a grandkid. Josh and Jessica decided to keep the gender a mystery because they wanted to be surprised and love the baby no matter what. 

It was just past 8 am which meant that it was time to close training. "Alright, everyone! Training is over, but remember to practice what we taught you today. Hit the showers everyone."

"Thank you, your majesty." Everyone said at the same time. I was still getting used to people calling me majesty and I try to tell people to call me Melody, but Caleb gets mad and reminds me that it's disrespectful for them not to call me by the right title. Just thinking about that fight made me roll my eyes as I started to head towards our room. 

As soon as I got to our room I headed to the bathroom to take a shower. As I was showering, I couldn't help to think back to the night Caleb took me out. 

------Flashback-------

It was the day after Jessica and Josh announced that they were going to have a baby and Caleb asked to go on a date. 

It was later in the day and I was getting dressed for the night giddy to see my handsome mate. For our date, I decided to wear a white lace summer dress with the middle part showing a little skin but was covered by some lace fabric. I then put on some strappy sandals and left my hair in their natural brown waves along with some mascara on my eyelashes. 

When I was finally ready I decided to head down the stairs since it was almost 7 O'clock and it would soon be ready to go. When I finally made it to the foyer of the castle... well er mansion castle... Caleb was standing there waiting for me.

He was wearing a white button-up shirt with jeans hugging his hips. His hair was spiked up a little and his blue eyes were sparkling with admiration. I think it's safe to say that I was a complete goner and had fallen completely in love with him. I was so lucky to have him.

"Wow. You look amazing my queen." I blushed at his compliment and whispered a soft thank you to him.

"So, where are we go-." He cut me off with a quick peck to the lips, "That is a secret my little one." I just rolled my eyes a let it go.

I saw Caleb instantly relax knowing I wasn't going to fight back... yet. "Let's go, love." We walked to the garage and got into an Audi (just an FYI the pack has like a TON of cars) and drove away. 

The car was filled with comfortable silence beside the small talk about how our day was and how training the upcoming alphas went. He drove for about 40 minutes until we came to the Ocean. He got out of the car and pulled opened the door for me to helped me out of the car. 

I followed him onto the dock and then we stopped in front of a huge yacht with the name 'Moon Goddess' printed on the side.

"After you my luna." I took his hand in mine and we got on the boat together. He prepared the boat for departure and as soon as we got away from the shallow end of the ocean he drove the boat away from the dock and deeper into the ocean, but the beach was still visible. He came to a stop and anchored the boat so we wouldn't drift too far away. 

I was looking up at the stars when he came up to hug me from behind. "It's beautiful out here, Caleb."

"Yes, yes you are." I turned around to see his ocean blue eyes looking at me lovingly before he pulled me closer for a passionate kiss. 

"Ready for dinner babe?" He asked as my stomach started to growl answering his question. He chuckled lightly and took my hand leading me to the front of the boat where a table sat with a white tablecloth, wine glasses filled with some white wine, and lit by candlelight on the table as well as around the area. He led me to the table and pulled my chair out and lifted the metal covering our food. It was chicken parmesan with a side of green beans. When we were both done, we cleaned up together and he led me to the top deck to stargaze for a little bit.

"Melody," Caleb said breaking the silence between us.

"Yes?" He got up and pulled me up so we could walk to the railing.

"I really want to say how much I love you, from your strength to your knowledge, your kindness and how passionate you are about equality for all. It's admiring and has pushed me to be a better person and leader for the kingdom. Thank you so much for standing by me and not trying as hard to run away from me. I also want to apologize for how aggressive I was in the beginning and for being a total jackass. I know everything must have been super hard on you and you made the change look easy, besides all of the fighting that we did in the beginning. I guess the bottom line of all of this is that I'm extremely happy that my wolf found you and to spend the rest of my life with you." 

Every word he said made my heart flutter and butterflies explode in my stomach. I was so immersed in the situation that I hadn't noticed that Caleb got down on one knee and was holding a tiny little box.  

"Melody, I love you so much and I don't know what I would do without you by my side, helping me lead this great kingdom. Will you do the greatest honor and marry me?" Words fled my mouth the moment he asked the question and I did the first thing that came to my mind. I pulled him up to his feet and kissed him. 

As soon as we pulled away from the kiss I said, "yes." This time as soon as he pulled me in for a kiss, fireworks decorated the sky. It was a beautiful end to a marvelous night. He put the ring on my finger and we laid on the boat watching the fireworks and stargazing a little bit more before we headed back to shore.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Welp there you have it! They're getting married

Sorry if the chapter is a bit slow or just not that interesting.

Anyways enjoy!

Read

Comment

Vote

Everything is appreciated and thank you for all of your support

xx Sami