Chapter 10

After our fight me and Caleb walked to their training ground to help out.

"So where did you learn to fight like that?" Jared came up to ask me.

"Some questions are better not answered, but maybe if you watch closely you'll learn something." I saw him smirk in the corner of my eye as I walked up to the platform to meet up with Caleb. He looked down at me as he began to speak.

"Today, me and your queen will help your pack to become stronger. As you have seen earlier.. Luna Melody knows quite a lot about fighting." Someone's a bit salty I thought.

"Melody?" I quickly looked at Caleb and saw him motioning for me to say something.

"Everybody, I want you to run around this clearing 20 times and I want It done in under 15 minutes." I heard everyone groaned and raised my voice again, "If you are facing an enemy, it is better to be over conditioned than just right, that is how you defeat your enemy."

"Is it even possible to run that much in 15 minutes?" I heard someone yell from the back.

"If you don't think so, follow me. I'll run with you." I stepped off the platform and headed to the front of the pack.

"Ready, set, start running!" We all started running as one big pack and after about 10 laps everyone was tired. Being a werewolf we have super speed, but after the 10 laps, we were just reaching 8 minutes.

"C'mon everyone! push harder!!!" I yelled and started to push myself harder. We were on the last lap and the time was still only 13 minutes.

"See if you push yourself the right amount, you can do almost anything. Caleb, what was the time?"

Caleb looked at the stopwatch and yelled. "14:30"

"And we even had .30 seconds to spare." I let everyone get a water break and rest for a little bit before we started the fighting portion of training.

After the 10 minutes everyone gathered around ready for us to continue training.

"Gather up." Caleb shouted at them. That got the stragglers to get moving our way.

"I want everyone to pair off with someone around their skill range."

"Looks like i'm your partner my little mate."

"you wish." I scoffed as I started to walk towards the pack.

"You need to train, don't you?"

"Haha... Mr. King, you and that bitch were my training for the day and anyways your not my skill set." He growled at me obviously frustrated that I was being stubborn.

"Alpha Jared! Start the fighting portion. I need a talk with my mate." He said as he glared at me.

"Melody... come here.. NOW!"

I turned around and when I crossed paths with Jared a mumbled, "looks like I'm in trouble." I got up to Caleb only for him to grab my arm and pull me into the forest for our 'talk'.

"What.... mate???" I sneered.

"How dare you disrespect me? that whole pack could have heard what you said."

"Sorry to hurt you reputation alpha, but last time I checked I beat your ass the last two times and if rules serve correct that means i'm the top dog."

"Melody....."

"What?? I'm sorry i'm not your perfect mate. I never asked for a mate and I've never wanted one. I hate to conform and I don't like to be controlled."

"Well, you better get used to it cause your going to be living under my roof."

"without my consent." I said under my breath. He must have heard me cause the next thing I knew I was pinned against a tree.

"Unlike you Melody, I've been waiting for my mate and you are not leaving me." I quickly pushed him off so we were a good distance away from each other. I quickly looked at him and I saw my chance to make a dash for it. One last chance would do it, right?

I quickly shifted into my wolf and started to run away from him. Just as I was a few feet away from him I heard him shift and start chasing me.

Bring it on I thought.

Melody!!!

I started to run quicker and faster to the point where I was almost ahead by a mile. If he thought his mark was going help him.. well he has another thing coming towards him. I looked behind me once more and I saw that he was no where to be found.. Good riddance I thought as I ran into a furry black wall. I looked up only to be met with angry eyes of the king. He quickly jumped on top of me and bit my neck so I couldn't move. I still wasn't going to go down without a fight. I tried to get up but he only put more my pressure on my neck.. My wolf whimpered and decided to stand down. He quickly got off of me and licked my neck where he almost punctured it. To a human this may seem weird, but this is how we show affection in our wolf form. I started to get grossed out and ended up pushing him away. He growled at me for my action but let it go.

Shift Melody

I shook my head no, but that was when he threw clothes my way. Where has he been hiding these clothes??? I do have to respect him for how he's doesn't want to see my body until I'm ready.

I went behind a tree to change and when I came out I saw him all dressed up in a suit and tie. I was just wearing work out shorts and a long T-shirt that was probably his.

"You look good in my shirt." he smiled

"Why are you dressed so nicely?"

"We missed the rest of their training session so now it's ready for the dinner party. You know I don't mind chasing you, but I know you were trying to get away." He started to walk closer and closer to me until we were arm length apart. "you know if you let your walls down for once, you may actually enjoy the mate bond and I beat you so I guess I'm the top dog now." I saw him smirk as he held his hand out for me. I walked passed his hand and headed towards the pack house.

"Melody?" I turned around and I saw him slowly walking my way. "I'm never letting you out of my sight again. You go where I go and I go where you go... with the exception of the bathroom and all that." My mouth fell open as he walked ahead of me.

"You better close your mouth if you don't want to catch flies and hurry up, you still have to get dressed."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!

Thanks for giving it a chance. I just want to let you know that this story has no fights in it or rouge attacks (except for the mention of one) its simply about these two falling in love and dealing with their differences in the process.

Thanks!!!!'

Sami xx

comments are always welcomed

votes are always nice but never expected

love ya!