Chapter 26

I woke up the next morning tangled up in Caleb's arms. I tried to move, but it only made him pull me closer to him. 

"5 more minutes babe," he grunted. I managed to turn around and was met with his blue eyes.

"Good morning, beautiful," He said while kissing my forehead. 

"I thought you were sleeping."

"Nah I just wanted to lay in bed with you for a little bit before we have to start the day." I rolled my eyes and then realized my wolf was itching to get out for a little bit.

"Hey, babe... Wanna go for a run?" I said while managing to get out of his arms

"Nooooo... come back here!!! He said while reaching out from the bed.

"Well, you better catch me," I said running out of the door. It wasn't until I heard footsteps following me that I knew he was coming. As soon as I reached the door I shifted into my wolf and ran into the woods. Once I reached the woods I didn't hear any footsteps (welll.... footprints) behind me. I thought it was a bit strange that I lost him that fast, but before I knew it I was knocked over and pinned to the ground. On top of me was my handsome mate smiling a wolfish grin at me. He licked my face and I scrunched my nose up cause it was gross. I pushed him off of me and quickly pounced on him so I was on top. 

Just the way I like it. he winked at me and my wolf just shook her head. This went on for a while until we heard footsteps coming through the forest. Caleb put me behind his black wolf and waited to see who came. It was Ben coming through to greet us. 

"Oh. I didn't notice both of you were up already. Anyways, breakfast is ready and we have the preparations you need for your trip to the Blackwood pack." Caleb just nodded and Ben went on his way. All of a sudden I heard Caleb's stomach growl. He turned around and looked sheepish. I just walked ahead of him and looked behind to see him stunned, but he quickly caught up to me and gave my cheek a quick lick. 

We got back to the room and changed and packed clothes that we would need for the day and possibly the night. We ate breakfast and went outside to change into our wolves. Before we changed into our wolves Ben and Sophia came out to see us off.

"Once again King Caleb, I can't thank you enough for what you're doing for our pack." 

"Don't worry about Alpha Moon, it's my job to keep the peace. I'll make sure to try and find any members of your pack and bring them home safely. I will also make sure Jacob gets what he deserves." I looked up at Caleb to admire how great of a leader he is. 

"Queen Melody, are you sure you don't want to stay and wait?" Luna Sophia asked with her eyes pleading.

"I'm positive! I'd rather be at my mates' side in case he is in need of help." I saw admiration in her eyes and went up to give her a hug. "Thank you for the offer though."

"Good luck King Caleb and Queen Melody." Ben and Sophia said while heading back into their house.

"Ready?" Caleb said looking down at me. I nodded my head and he kissed me on the lips.

"I'm glad you're coming with, I don't think I'd be able to stay calm and be reasonable without you." He said kissing me again. I blushed and was about to hide when he held me still. "No, no.. no hiding Melody." With that, we both went behind a tree and changed into our wolves and headed to the Blackwood pack.  

Once we crossed the border we were greeted by a group of wolves. One of them went behind a tree and came out wearing basketball shorts.

"Welcome King Caleb. Jacob has been expecting you, please follow me, but the Queen must stay behind. Alpha's orders." Caleb went behind a tree and changed coming out with black shorts and a white T-shirt that hugged his muscles. He's so hot. 

"No, Queen Melody comes with, my orders."

"If you insist your majesty. Right, this way." The two men walked ahead while I followed at Caleb's side. We walked for a little bit and then the pack house came into view.  Well, it was more like a castle with houses surrounding it. Max, who is the beta, explained to us that they don't have a big pack, but most of the pack lives in the castle. It was huge like you know those castle in Europe that you see, ya well that was the size of the castle. I nuzzled Caleb's head and motioned towards the trees so I could go change. 

Caleb nodded his head but Max stopped him. "You can change in the house, I promise there is a room you can change." Caleb mumbled an okay and we continued towards the house. The other wolves that were following us disbanded and went back to the border to patrol. We got inside and the inside was just as gorgeous as the outside. It was all black with a white chandelier hanging down from the ceiling. There were two staircases going off into two separate wings that were white as well. I was still admiring the work of the interior when Max interrupted me.

"First I'll take you both to a room where Queen Melody can change and then I'll take you both to see Alpha Jacob." we went up the staircase to the left and went into the first room on the right. It was a simple room with a king size bed facing a 70 inch TV and was connected to a fairly large bathroom. As soon as Max left, Caleb threw the backpack into the bathroom where I followed and changed into a white sundress with sandals and braided my hair into a crown. I stepped out of the bathroom to see Caleb sleeping on the bed. I went over to him and bent down to kiss him and he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me on the bed so I was laying down and he was on top. 

"You're beautiful." He said while trailing kisses down from my forehead to my nose and finally to my lips. It didn't take much, but he always made me blush. "You're also adorable when you blush." He said licking my mark making me moan. As soon as I moaned I felt his little friend down there poking my leg. I kissed him hard and long and then push him off of me so I could get up and start heading towards the door. "Such a little tease," he said trapping me between the wall and himself. 

"Well hun, good things come to those who wait." Just as I was about to reach up to kiss him, Max knocked on the door and asked if we were ready. I quickly got out of Caleb's grasp and went to open the door.

"Yes! we're ready!" Caleb and I followed Max down the corridor towards another staircase that leads us to the top of the castle where we came across two black doors that lead to Alpha Jacob's office. 

"Wait right here." Max went into the office and a few moment later he came out telling us Alpha Jacob was ready to see us. Max opened the door and the first thing I saw were black eyes staring at me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello! Sorry for the extremely longggggg wait! I had a job that was 14 hours for 6 weeks straight so all I really wanted to do was sleep when it was over! Then I came home and got pneumonia and then I really didn't feel like writing because I was too busy coughing and then I turned 21 so I guess I was just really busy. 

I want to thank everyone for the reads and votes and comments! It's motivated to write and I was going to finish this book soon, but I think there's a little bit more that I can add to it. I'm sorry if it takes me long to update, but I'm just a busy person and I'll try my best to update regularly but I can't promise :/.

Anyways, vote and comment if you like it or want to see this story head in a different direction and I can't thank ya enough for the attention this book has been getting!

Also, I'm sorry if this chapter is boring and short, but I decided to put a nice lovey-dovey chapter in before s**t happens!! 

xx Sami :)