Chapter 16

MELODY'S POV

When I woke up my neck hurt like hell. I was furious with Caleb. How dare he use the mark to put me to sleep just because I wasn't obeying him.... that fuckin egotistical ass has a lot coming to him. I checked the door only to find that it wasn't locked. I guess he trusted me enough to know that I wouldn't run. Well at least we understand each other on one thing. I would run away but I don't know where I am and I know that his land is huge so I probably wouldn't be able to run away. 

I decided now would be a good time to go see my dad since the last person I wanted to see was my mate. 

I was walking through the halls when a little girl was running down the hall. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me coming down the hall. 

she bowed her head and said, "Good morning Luna." Her eyes were wide and she was nervous like one wrong move and I would hurt her.

I got down to her level, "good morning, my name is Melody. Whats yours?"

She seemed to calm down, "my name is Lily. Why don't you like the king? Isn't he nice?"

My eyes seemed to widen a little bit, but not enough for Lily to notice. "Well it's nice to meet you Lily and I do like the king but we're in a little argument right now."

"Why... why won't you give him a chance?"

I looked at her confused. "What do you mean?" I asked tilting my had to the side.

"Well.. I've heard that you won't give him a chance.. Why?"

"Well... I'm not sure." when I think about it I never gave Caleb a chance and all he has been towards me was caring, like a mate should be.

"Will you give him a chance?" I looked into her big doe eyes and got mesmerized in them. 

"y-yes, I will." I stuttered. I don't know if its the mate bond saying this or me, but I guess I have been kind of harsh on Caleb and I guess he does deserve a chance even after everything he did to me earlier today.

"Yay!!!" she cheered and hugged me. "Thank you so much Luna! I promise you won't regret it."

I hugged her back and her joy was so contagious that it filled me with joy. "Lily.. I'm not Luna yet.. please call me Melody."

"Okay Melody!!!" she said bouncing up and down all giddy like. 

"Why don't you go find the other kids your age?"

"Okay Melody bye bye." she said as she skipped down the hall. Once she was out of sight I went on the look out for my dad so he could answer some of the questions that have been floating around my head lately. 

After walking around the mansion for 4th time I found my dad outside with my brother. I walked outside to see me dad turning around to see me.

"I see your ready for your training... Shift Melody."

"Actually dad.. I came to talk to you about something on my mind."

"We can talk about it after your training session. Now shift and run 10 labs."

I rolled my eyes and went behind the door to change and shift into my wolf. 

"5 more laps for rolling your eyes young lady." And my tiring training session began. 

"you should really get that mate you call a king down here so he can become stronger and beat you in a battle."

"What was that old man." I saw Caleb coming out of the house joking.

"You heard me Caleb. Might as well shift and join my kids for their training session." Caleb shifted and quickly jumped in our training session. 

Our training session consisted of running... lot of running, tracking, fighting strategies and just when I thought we were done my dad is making me fight my mate.

"Dad I don't want to.." I whined. I normally don't whine but I really didn't want to fight him.

"Scared your going to loose sweetheart?" He smirked at me.

"Fine. let's get this over with." I was about to change into my wolf when my dad stopped me.

"No Melody, your going to do this without your wolf." I looked at him confused, because this matched didn't seem fair.

"You have more power in your wolf than you do in human form. Caleb may not be stronger than you in wolf form, but human form, it'll make you think. Now get ready to fight."

"I'm not doing this.. It's stupid."

"Melody.. Loose you damn ego for a second and fight." I stared daggers into my dad, "honey, staring at me like I should be dead won't do anything,  you'll actually have to fight."

"Dad.. All I wanted to do was talk to you." I signed.

"And you can after you fight Caleb. You might actually learn something." 

"Ready Mel?"

"Fine." I huffed.

We started by circling each other. I know he was waiting for me to make the first move but because he's bigger he has the upper hand, but I have agility on my side. 

I could tell Caleb was getting impatient from all of the circling because his body started to get tense. That's how I knew what his weakness was. 

"C'mon darling... I'm waitin" 

"I guess you'll just have to wait a little longer." He probably took this as a sign of weakness because he started to charge at me. That's when I knew I had him. I quickly shuffled to the side and when he passed me I took his arm and twisted it around to his back. He tried to struggle but every time he did I pulled it tighter and tighter until I heard it pop.

"Ready to give up babe?" I sweetly whispered in his ear.

"No! I can't loose to you again." I pulled his arm a bit more until I heard it snap. That got him to growl in pain.

"Ready to give in?" I taunted. He signed heavily and then nodded his head.

"How did you manage to beat me... again?"

"Cause she saw your weakness and used it against you." Caleb looked at my dad questioningly and my dad continued, "Your not patient enough and my clever daughter used that against you. Don't worry more training session with me and you'll be able to beat her with your eyes shut. Now like I promised, Melody what would you like to talk about?" 

I was walking over to my dad when Caleb grabbed my hand, "Hey Melody... Can I take you out on a date?"

"Y-yes." I stuttered I promised the little girl I would give him a chance so why not go on a date with him. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello I'm so sorry for this very late chapter!! school got very busy and I have a breather so I decided to finally finish this chapter and I hope to update a little bit more often until finals hit!!!!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! comment your thought please!!

-Sami xx