Chapter 24

After the Ceremony there was a huge after party. Everyone kept on coming up to me and saying their congratulations. Caleb was off doing his kingly duties as well because I saw him in a crowd talking and laughing, but as soon as he saw me looking at him he excused himself and starting walking my way.

"Thank you Alpha Redwood and Luna for your kind words." I said to the people I was talking with. I then started walking towards another group of people when I felt someones arms snake around my waist.

"Where do you think your going my queen." he said while kissing the back of my head. "Trying to hide from me?" I turned around and looked into his blue green eyes.

"Aren't I always." I got out of his grip only to be greeted by more Alphas and Lunas. "Congratulations your majesty." They all said. I shook all of their hands and thanked them while talking to them a little bit about their packs and how they were doing. Once I was done I saw that Caleb was still by my side looking at me. The Alphas and Lunas bowed their heads and went on to enjoy the party.

"What did I do to deserve a mate as amazing as you?" I looked at him confused.

He kissed me on the lips ,"You're doing great with this party and everyone loves you, but no one loves you more then I do."

Just as he was about to kiss me again another Alpha came up and whispered something into Caleb's ear and his face turned serious.

"What's wrong?" I was curious as to what was going on. "Nothing, just stay here and I'll be right back." He was about to walk away when I grabbed his arm and made him look into my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked with my alpha tone coming out. Caleb looked at me surprised that I used my tone on him.

"Alpha Moon, if you you'll excuse me I have to talk to the queen for a few minutes." Alpha Moon shook his head and started to walk away while Caleb lead me into the house. As soon as we were in the house he stuck me into between both of his arms and looked at me sternly.

"First of all, don't use your alpha tone on me, you may be more powerful than me but-"

"Don't you dare say you are above me... I just became queen and since I am stronger than you, we are equal Caleb, but even if I wasn't as stronger than you that shouldn't matter, I am your mate and you should see me as your equal no matter what. " It seemed like he was trying to read my face and look for any weakness that I may have. After looking at me for a few more minutes he dropped his arms to the side and sighed. He looked defeated and I quickly went over to him and put his hands into my hands. After a few more minutes his sad beautiful blue eyes met my green eyes.

"Whats wrong?" I ask with concern laced in my tone.

"I'm sorry Melody, I shouldn't have thought you were below me, I also shouldn't think you can't protect your-.... I-I just don't want to lose you... ever."

"Caleb.. You'll never lose me no matter what comes our way. I promise." I pecked him on the lips, "Now what did Alpha Moon say?"

"He said that the pack next door is about to start war against his pack. I think he said the Blackwood Pack. They've always been hungry for more land and have never been a fan of the hierarchy. Their alpha is a sneak and isn't scared to kidnap others and torture them until they join his pack or die. He wants his pack to become the new Warrior pack. He's power thirsty Mel and I'm going to have to do what I haven't ever wanted to do." There was fear in his eyes and remorse for what he was about to say. "I-I'm going to have to kill him."

There was a long silence between us until I decided to speak up, "Well maybe there's a different way. We'll-"

"There is no we. Melody, you're not coming." He said sternly to me.

"You can't stop me from coming Caleb, it's also my dut-"

"YOUR DUTY IS TO STAY HERE AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE ELSE IS HAPPY AND OKAY." he yelled with his alpha tone.

"STOP USING YOUR ALPHA TONE CALEB!!! You know it doesn't work on me so why would you try. The way I see it, is I should come with you and help you. You have nothing to fear Caleb. I can take care of myself and I'll be fine." Caleb broke our connections and snaked his arms around my waist to bring me closer.

"What don't you understand Melody? I don't want to lose you and Alpha Blackwood has no remorse, he will do anything to hurt me and that includes taking you away from me. He is dangerous."

"Well if I remember clearly, I did defeat the King many many times and I did happen to run away from him many times as well as trick him. I know a thing or two about trickery, therefore I'll be fine and I'm coming." I was so angry that I broke his contact and walked out the door slamming it.

I'm just so angry. Who does he think he is telling me where I can and can't go. I was so angry that I decided to change out of my dress and shift into my wolf. I ran until I ended up at my old cabin and it looked so empty and dark. I shifted back to my human form and walked into the cabin. I went to my old room and saw that a sheet of dust was already covering my bed, counters and mirror. I was looking out the window and thinking about my life when I heard the floors creak. I quietly shifted into my wolf and hid in the corner of my room. I heard more creaking when a big black wolf came into view, I immediately relaxed when I realized it was Caleb. He came right up to me and nuzzled into my neck. He took a big whiff and backed away motioning towards the door. I followed him outside the cabin to see that he had already shifted and changed.

"Melody.... I'm sorry I shouldn't think you're some fragile thing.. You're not I just worry and I'm sorry I do." He looked down at the ground and looked disappointed in himself. I walked up to him and nuzzled and licked his hand.

It's okay Caleb.. I just want to come with you and I don't want to lose my freedom because I'm your mate and the queen of the werewolves. I want to come with and I promise nothing bad will happen to me.

Caleb bent down to be at eye level and continued to pet my head.

"Okay Melody, we better start packing, We'll leave first after breakfast tomorrow and I'll leave James in charge." He kissed my head and motioned towards to woods where we started walking towards the castle.

-------------------------------------------

Hey I guess I'm starting to update faster!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry if it's slow but I'm slowly getting more ideas about where it can go! Also if you have an ideas please let me know!!!

Thanks for all the recent reads everyone!! you're awesome all of you!!

Like Always Vote, Comment and Read if you like!

Alright whats your favorite cookie? Sugar or chocolate chip?

-Sami xx