Chapter 30

The next morning, Caleb and I said goodbye to his brother, promised to come by more often to visit and thanked him for the great hospitality. 

We then traveled back to the Blue Moon pack to let them know that Alpha Blackwood is happy with what he has and the situation has been settled. Before we left, I met up with Luna Sophie for tea and talked with her about pack life and I met her kids Jack and Marissa. Jack was 5 years old and was already talking about being a big mighty Alpha and about how he wanted to always protect his little sister, Marissa who was 3. It was super adorable. After our talk, the Blue Moon pack wished us farewell and we were on our way back home.

As soon as we walked through the door Caleb got knocked down by a blob of blonde hair. 

"Melody!!!! I'm soo glad you're back! It was soo lonely without you and I have MAJOR news for you. By the way, did you get stronger and bulkier? You feel like a wall" I chuckled at the discomfort Caleb was in before I spoke up.

"Umm.. Jessica. haha ya, I'm up here." Jessica quickly looked up to see who she was hugging and her eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

"OMG I'M SOOOOOO SORRY KING CALEB. PLEASE DON'T HURT ME OR MURDER ME. I PROMISE I'M INNOCENT." Caleb got up from the ground and pick Jessica up and placed her on the ground before looking at my smirking face. In my head, I was thinking about how I wasn't the only girl to knock him down anymore. 

"Melody stop thinking that." He rolled his eyes and continued to talk, "and Jessica, it's okay don't worry about it. Accidents happen." Jessica quickly shook her head and then silence settled and it got really awkward until Caleb spoke up.

"Well, I'm going to head to our room so I can unpack and do laundry so you and Jessica can catch up." Caleb kissed me on my forehead and left towards our room.

I saw Jessica's big blue eyes look between Caleb and I before she smiled gleefully at me. "You two are so cute. When is the wedding?" 

I playfully slapped her, "haha. Oh, Jess, I missed you and I don't know. Not soon?" I said unsurely. "So what is this big news you have to tell me?"  

"I'm pregnant!" I looked at her shocked and was surprised I couldn't smell the difference in her scent. As soon as she said that Josh sauntered into the den and sat right behind her. 

"Welcome back sister. How was your trip with the king?" Josh definitely couldn't read the situation as he messaged Jessica's shoulders and didn't know that something dramatic had just happened.

"Oh, it was fine, bythewayyougotjessicapregnant?" I spewed out in one breath. 

"Oh ya. That happened, I was going to tell you, but I knew Jessica would have wanted to be the first one."

"I'm extremely happy for both you! This is super exciting! Does dad know or anyone else knows?"

"Everyone knows except for you and Caleb. The baby is expected to come in 3 months. You're going to be an Auntie Mel!! Get ready to babysit! Think of it as practice for when you have a baby." 

"hahaha ever so funny Josh. I don't think a baby is in my future for a long time. Things have finally settled between me and Caleb."

"Never say never, Mel." He then turned to Jessica, " C'mon babe the doctor said you need to nap so that you can conserve your energy." With that Josh and Jessica left to go to their room and I was left alone in the den. 

After regaining my thoughts I decided to go to my room and check up on my mate. I made the long walk to our room and when I walked through the door I saw Caleb's back to me as he was folding the clothes and putting them away where they belonged. 

I decided to quietly walk up behind him and placed my arms around his waist. He jumped a little bit but relaxed as soon as he realized that it was me behind him. He turned around in my arms and gave my lips a quick peck before he spoke.

"So what was the 'BIG' news?" sarcastically saying big.

"Jessica is pregnant with the next leader of the Darkwood pack," I said proudly

So your brother and father are thinking about rebuilding the pack?

"I think so, I mean the pack itself isn't dead since the alpha and ex-alpha are still alive. It's possible and I think they're planning to build it stronger then it was before." 

Caleb kissed me again, but a bit more passionately, " I love how passionate you are about your family and pack. I can't wait to start our own family." I must have looked anxious because Caleb quickly added, "When we're ready of course." 

After our talk about starting a family, I helped Caleb put clothes away showered and got into bed. Caleb got into bed shortly after I did pulling me close and stated that tomorrow is the Alpha camp, where the future alphas come to the Palace to train, meet other soon to be alphas and meet the king and the queen. He said it's a great time and that it happens every year. After a little bit of small talk and kissing ;) Caleb asked, "Are you happy with me and here? and don't say yes because of the bond."

"Of course and I'm seriously saying this of my own free will, Caleb. I really do love you and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you and create a family together... When we're ready of course. You are my best friend" I winked at him and then snuggled up closer to his warmth. 

"Cool, I'm taking you out tomorrow when the camp is dismissed for the day, Okay?"

"Okay!"

"Dress nice okay?" 

"Only for you."

"I love you, Melody." I heard before sleep overtook me.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Look an update! bet you weren't expecting that were you? I hope you enjoyed it and it's a bit of a slower chapter because I'm getting back into the groove! 

In order to write this chapter, I probably read through the book 2 times opened a draft and then didn't touch it for a while and had to re-read the book again to see what had happened. But finally, an update emerges!

I hope you all enjoy the chapter, also, I hope to update soon!

Like always, votes and comments are always appreciated ^-^

ALSO!!! THIS DESERVES TO BE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT ON THIS BOOK! IT HAS GOTTEN TREMENDOUS LIKES AND VIEWS (IN MY EYES) AND MY BOOK IS RANKED!!! IT IS 153 IN THE KING CATEGORY!! IT MAY NOT SEEM IMPRESSIVE, BUT IM PRETTY IMPRESSED WITH MYSELF FOR GETTING THAT HIGH!! ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO READ THIS BOOK!

xxSami