xvii. the set-up

xvii. the set-up

     "OH MY GOD," Rinn coughed out, kicking open the door to the bathroom and rushing inside. She quickly made her way to the toilet and lifted the seat, throwing up almost immediately.

It took her almost fifteen minutes before she could leave the bathroom, searching the room for her toothbrush. Jackson stood up from the bed and walked over to the closet, grabbing out her bag. He handed it to her and she thanked him with a nod of her head, walking back into the bathroom.

She locked both doors and started the shower, stripping her clothes off and stepping inside. She let the warmth of the water soothe her cold limps, working over her muscles and the knots in her back. She breathed a sigh of relief when her hands and wrists stopped hurting, allowed her to shampoo and condition her hair.

When she was done showering, she wrapped a towel around her body and stepped onto the cool linoleum floor. It chilled her toes and feet, making her shiver. She pushed it over and slowly walked towards the sink, brushing her teeth twice before she did anything else.

It took her awhile of gargling mouthwash before she got the cottony feeling out of her mouth. When she was finished with that, she reached into her bag and pulled out a pair of jeans that Siren had gotten for her. She managed to make it to the store the other day and bring back almost seven pairs of nearly everything she needed, making Rinn grateful for her help.

She pulled her clothes on slowly and brushed out her nearly blonde hair. She noticed that with the more tim she was spending outside and learning about the motorcycles, cars and guns, her hair was getting blonder by the day. She was happy to have the red tint out of her hair that always managed to remind her of her mother, erasing nearly every last part of her physical self that reminded her of her past.

She didn't tan, though. As much as she was in the sun with the guys, her skin seemed to only be getting whiter by the day. Jackson first noticed it yesterday, when she pulled off her over shirt and tied up her hair.

Shaking off yesterday's memories, she shook out her hair and ran her fingers through it. Then, she opened the door to Jackson's room and put her bag back before heading out to the bar area. She was greeted by David first, who was beaming a smile in her direction.

"What the Hell is that about?" She asked him, feeling a headache hit her almost immediately with the brightness of the sun shining through the windows. Jackson chuckled at her, which made Denver stand abruptly from his spot on the couch and head outside.

She frowned deeper, making her way over to Jackson and sitting down next to him. He smiled encouragingly at her and patted her knee twice, making her flinch. Her body was sore and she did't know why; she assumed it was from the cold of the last couple nights, but she wasn't sure exactly what her issue was.

"Jax," she whispered his name, catching his attention. "It's been three days and he won't even look at me . . . What am I supposed to do?"

"Just give him time," Jackson said, standing and turning his head towards her after he finished stretching. "He'll come around, okay? He just needs time to accept . . . you know."

"Yeah," she nodded, looking down at her feet, "Okay."

Just then, Cyanide busted through the front door and smirked playfully at everyone in the room. Rinn shook her head a moment, not knowing what to do or say. Then, he brought his hand out from around his back and held up a small leather jacket with no sleeves.

On the front right side, it said 3RD GENERATION on the top patch. On the one below it, it read FAIRVIEW. Rinn nodded at him, feeling one side of her lips threatening to tug upwards.