xx. meeting with Scotland

     "HELLO?" RINN HEARD from the other end of the phone, making her want to smirk. It had rang twice before a husky voice answered, allowing her to relax slightly. Jackson had warned her that it might take a couple tries to be able to reach him, but fortunately, that wasn't the case.

"Scotland, correct?" She asked, causing him to agree from the other end of the phone before asking what she wanted. Mentally grinning, she spoke firmly before hanging up, "You have a meeting with the Jim Crow president at nine, tonight, at the warehouse outside of Portland. Don't be late."

As soon as she had hung up and looked down at the papers in front of her, the door to the gavel room slammed open. Standing in front of her was Cyanide, who smirked sarcastically before walking into the room. He shut the doors with just as much force as he kicked them in with before walking over and sitting down across from where she was.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked, causing her to shake her head as she looked down at the papers. She didn't make a move to look at him; she didn't want him to be able to catch the lie in her eyes.

"Just Jax," she muttered, writing down the total of the four numbers she was adding up. They had to pay their bills this month and since Rinn had nothing better to do, she decided to do it for Jackson. He was stressing out about the warehouse and no one was getting their cut for this week because of it.

First, they had to pay the electricity and water bills. Then they had to pay the heating and cooling bills, which were only twenty dollars because lately, no one had really been worried about the temperature. After those were paid, they had to stock the bar and replace anything in the garage or office that needed replacing. Finally, there was the motorcycle bills, which included everything shy of oil changes.

Now, there was the warehouse.

"Was it really just Jackson?" He asked, causing her to tilt her head up towards him and glare him down. He smirked sideways at her, causing her to worsen her glare. When he realized she wasn't going to say anything else, his smirk drifted from his lips and he stood abruptly.

As he opened the doors, he nearly head-butted Jackson, who was walking in through the doors. He looked at Cyanide, seeing his glare almost immediately. For a moment, Rinn thought Cyanide was going to walk past him, but he didn't. Instead, he growled out his words.

"Rinn's going behind the club's back," he managed.

This caused Jackson to chuckle and shake his head. He looked over at Rinn, who gave him a look only he could read. He then turned his gaze back on Cyanide, who was watching him as he glanced at Rinn while speaking.

"If you're talking about that phone call, she was talking to me. Now, why would you accuse her of going behind the club's back?" He asked, causing Cyanide to take a mental step back, "Are you accusing my Vice President and right hand of being a rat?"

"No," he sarcastically spat out, "Of course not."

"Good. Now, get out of my face. I have some business to attend to," he growled out at Cyanide, who sidestepped Jackson and quickly made his way out the doors, allowing them to be slammed closed and locked behind him.

"I'm sending Rylan to stay with Mia's mother for awhile. David's going to take her up there with me tomorrow afternoon; I want you to take Tiggy and Shayne to the warehouse to clean up. Have the prospects go along to do the hard shit," he stated while he sat down, relaxing slightly from the edginess he had when he came in.

"Why are you having Rylan stay with her grandmother?" Rinn asked, causing Jackson to sigh and lean forward. He reached for an ashtray before he lit his cigarette, taking a long, hard drag of it.