Chapter 3

You helped me a lot! thank you! =))

~~~~~ 

"Here." Cole walked beside me and handed me my books as I stood beside my locker stuffing my things inside at lunch break. He has made it a habit to always carry my books for me.

"Thanks." I muttered then closed my locker shut. We walked to the cafeteria.

"Will you come with me after school? I need to buy some new clothes." I asked him, hopeful he doesn't have any appointments.

He frowned. "Can't. I promised my mom I'll drive her over at one of her friends house as soon as drop you."

Okay, I am disappointed. "Oh. That's fine. Just tell mom I said hi." I had always called his parents mom and dad while he called mine moms and pops. He has a habit of making funny names. I remembered he nicknamed my brother Griz before. I asked him why the name but he just shrugged it off saying he just like the sound of it. He stopped calling Alec as Griz when my brother wrestled with him some time ago. He told me that he's too scared to call him Griz because it fits perfectly well. Like Grizzly Bear.

He smiled touching my cheek with the back of his hand. "I'll just come over tonight. We can study together or something." He placed his arm on my shoulder gently pulling me closer.

I smiled and nodded. He smelled like fresh wood. Fresh and clean. That's one thing I loved about him and wished all guys had.

When we entered the cafeteria, Maddie, Lara, and Jake were already on our usual table. I headed straight to them while Cole took care of our lunch. Today's his treat. I sat beside Jake.

"Hey, Jakey." I nudged his shoulder. "What's up?"

He grinned and pinched my cheeks. "Same old, same old, Tashey."

I giggled at his nickname for me. We have dated a year ago but broke it off realizing we were much more better as friends. I took a chance with him because he is Cole's closest guy friend and they shared a few similarities.

"Monday food sucks!" I heard Maddie say as she let go of her spoon making it clatter on her plate of leaves.

I frowned at her looking disgusted. "What on earth are you eating?"

"She's going vegetarian. She's only saying it sucks because the only thing she has on her plate are leaves and no meat." Lara answered taking a spoonful of her baked macaroni. She turned to Maddie. "Girl, meat is the thing that adds flavor and life to the food."