Chapter 24

A/N: This did not go under editing so I'm gonna apologize ahead of time if I got some errors in spelling or in grammar. Exams are up next week so I'm pretty busy and my next upload may not soon either. =( Well, wish me luck! I'll be updating as soon as exams are done! ENJOY! =)

~~~~~

My heart skipped a beat and I felt this strange pang in my chest the moment I saw Cole and Kate walked out of the aquarium. It's as if my breathe suddenly got stuck in my throat. I had to swallow really hard to remove this huge lump I feel in my throat.

"Hey, guys!" Xavier called for Cole and Kate. I noticed that the moment Cole saw me staring at them, he slowly removed his grip on Kate's hand. The action actually made me feel a little better, if not bitter.

"Tasha, you okay? You didn't get squeezed in there?" Cole asked me while tapping my head and at the same time searching for any damages. 

I giggled at how worried he can be with me sometimes and before I knew it I was already hugging him. "I'm fine, Coley. Don't have to be so worried."

He chuckled and let go of me. "Well, you're really tiny so I was thinking maybe you'll get squeezed or something."

I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Kate's pretty small too. She almost got squeezed in by the crowd." Cole laughed glancing at Kate who rolled her eyes at him while blushing.

Okay, so for some unknown reason, that made me frown.

"And my deepest gratitude to you who is so huge and muscular and strong one!" Kate curtsied Cole making him laugh.

"Not my fault that I'm actually strong and you just happen to be squashable." Cole said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, genius. If there even is such a word as squashable." Kate laughed and I even heard Xavier's low chuckle. Form the corner of my eyes, I saw Cole gave her a smile. My smile.

That smile was for me! Me! His best friend. He never shows that smile except for me! Now that made my blood boil. Why on earth is he flirting with her? And an even bigger why on earth am I getting irritated for?

"Come on, guys! Let's go grab something to eat." I heard Xavier say.

"Good idea, I could use some food." Cole agreed.

I took a deep breathe and forced a smile. "Uhm, I think I'm gonna pass."