Chapter 13

A gift for my dear friend! For you, babe! haha.. ;))

(Xavier's POV)

~~~~~

I was scared that Tasha wouldn't like the date I had prepared for her. I seriously killed all of my brain cells thinking of a perfect date for a perfect girl like Tasha. It's not just because I wanted to impress her. But mostly because I wanted her to be really happy. I wanted to give her something that she would remember. I remember my mom telling me before that the best way to make a girl feel special and leave her a good impression is to give her something that she would remember. Something out of what's ordinary. Something that is with effort. And well, this is me showing Tasha that she is my special girl. I hope this would work and I would really leave an impression on her. But in truth, she was the one who left an impression on me.

That day we first met at the mall was I believe also the day that I found the girl who would complete me. It wasn't just love at first sight. I knew it was more than that because of how my heart suddenly wanted to leap out of my chest and run to her and how suddenly all the cells in my body felt alive. Pretty corny, right? But well, that's what I felt. Only one thing raced through my mind then. That I wanted to see her again. I actually wanted to ask for number that day in sure hopes that I would get to see her again. But that would be suspicious, right? Since we were strangers. I was debating with myself whether to ask her or not when her best friend, Cole, called her and stole her away. I was pretty disappointed when she left. But then, I still silently hoped that I would see her again soon.

I just didn't expect that soon would be as soon as a few hours after we had met at the mall.

My parents had told me that we will be meeting their old college friends and have dinner with them. And so when I went to their house as they instructed me, I was so surprised to find Tasha. When I saw her, I actually thought that I got the wrong house. Heck! I actually even thought that maybe I forgot all about my parents instructions and instead my heart has brought me to her! Yes, I sound like a chic in love. But you can't blame me. I grew up in a house full of love. My parents met when they were Freshmen in high school and they instantly fell in love. They were each others first partners, which proved to be the last too when they got married after graduating from College. And up to now, they are still very much in love with each other. I have always hoped for a love like theirs. And Tasha seems to be the answer for me. The girl that has never once escaped my mind the first time my eyes saw her. The girl I told myself I'll win no matter what.

And this date is the start of that.

"Don't tell me you have more orphanages for me to visit?" Tasha beamed at me, breaking my reverie.

I chuckled. "No, I don't. But we can have that if you want on our second date."

Tasha laughed and rolled her eyes. "Second date. What makes you so sure that I'd go out with you again?"