Chapter 5

Cole dropped me at my house before dinner. He promised his parents he would have dinner with them tonight since he had dinner with us the whole week. He said he'd come over though as soon as dinner's finished. He had an unfinished PlayStation match with Alec. Cole spends most of his time in our house than in his own. I made a mental note to spare one night to come over to Cole's house and have dinner there too. I bet that would make his mom happy since I think she's really fond of me. I also miss his mom's world class lasagna. Yum! The thought of his mom's lasagna made me hungry. What's taking dinner so long?

A knock on my door interrupted me from memorizing a Trig formula. My brother's sandy brown hair peeked inside my bedroom. I grinned and jumped out of bed. "Dinner's ready?"

Alec chuckled. "Yeah. But that's not the reason they sent me up here. Mom and Dad's got visitors and they're asking you to come down and introduce yourself."

"Visitors?" I asked and headed to my mirror to fix myself. I would not go down there and introduce myself to their visitors looking like a mess unless I want Mom to give me an hour lecture on lady manners and etiquette. 

Alec leaned on my door and crossed his arms. "I heard they are mom and dad's classmates in college and they just moved in."

"Really?" As soon as I found myself presentable, I half run downstairs to see my parents talking to a woman and a man around my parents' age. The man was tall and lean and wore a suit. He looked like he just came from work. He had black hair and muddy brown eyes. The woman though was beautiful. She had jet black hair that was tied in a bun in her small head and she wore a floral dress that came down to her knees. She had blue eyes and beautiful set of teeth.

"Hi, Tasha." mom said as soon as she spotted me. "Let me introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Harris."

"Hi, I'm Tasha." I smiled and shook hands with Mr. Harris.

"Nice to meet you, Tasha." he said. "You look exactly like your mother."

Mrs. Harris surprised me by hugging me instead of just shaking my hand. "My! Such a lovely girl."

I grinned. This couple have good eyes. "Thanks!"

Just as a conversation was about to start, the door bell rang.

"I'll go get it. That's probably Cole." I told my parents as they and the Harris couple went to the dining room.

I grinned widely and happily opened the door.

"Hey, Coley!" I practically shouted as soon as the door revealed the person behind.