Chapter 32

"Does that mean that Cole will be living alone now?" Maddy asked. Today's the day that Cole and his parents are coming over for dinner and I had to call Maddy and Lara over to help me calm my nerves.

"I don't know." I said. "Maybe?"

"Isn't that gonna be sad?" Lara asked. "Like Xavier. He's mostly alone, right?"

Maddy clapped her hands and laughed. "Then maybe Xavier and Cole should just live together. Hmmm.. I wonder what kind of romance that would turn out."

I laughed and threw a pillow at her. "That's not funny."

"Chill, Tash. Why are you so nervous anyway? I'm sure your parents are gonna be cool with it. Cole's practically their son already."

I sighed. "I really don't know."

"Except if," Maddy raised an eyebrow and smiled mischievously at Lara. "You and Cole are about to tell them that you are getting married or you're pregnant."

Lara laughed as I threw another pillow at Maddy. "Really funny!"

Maddy laughed harder and squeezed my hand. "I was kidding, Tash. Just leave the talking to Cole. He's much better at handling things calmly than you do."

"I know. I know."

~~~~~

"Honey!" I heard mom call form the kitchen. Maddy and Lara just left to give me some time to prepare. "Can you ask Cole if what time they will be coming over?"

"He told me they'll be here at around seven." I answered.

"Alright then. Can you come down here and help me with the salad?" 

"Coming!"

"So, how's Cole doing?" mom asked as she handed me the potatoes. "He hasn't come over in a while. Are you guys in a fight? That boy used to sleep over here."

"No, of course not!" I quickly said. "Cole and I are good. He's just busy." The truth is, now that Cole and I are finally together, he thinks that it would be inappropriate if he continue the sleep overs.

"Why busy? Has that boy finally got a girlfriend?"