But when the lights go out, it's me and you now

When I walked out of my room all dressed up to go out later Felix let out a little whistle, which made me laugh quietly.

"Go away you" I said smiling and winking at him. "You better make this woman a drink." I sat down next to him on the couch and slapped his leg playfully.

"What would the lady like to have? The usual G&T?" He asked getting up to go to the kitchen.

"Yes please, you know the lady so well." I laughed.

"So, have you talked to your father about that lawyer position yet?" He asked whilst making the G&T I had craved for weeks now.

My father was the owner of one of the biggest law firms in London and there had recently opened up a position, which had interested me greatly. If only his partner, David Johnson, wouldn't be such a prick all the time, I would've applied 3 months ago. I had been a couple with Davids son Jonathan for nearly 3 years and I guess David never really got over the break-up, picturing me as his perfect daughter-in-law.

"We discussed it, but I haven't made any decisions yet, I also got a job-offer at Kingsley & Brown, they've contacted me, they sounded very interested. I just don't know what to do about it. I don't think I can betray my dad like that... The money's really good though" I shrugged. Ever since my mom had passed away I felt this strong urge to keep my dad happy at all times. 

My mom was diagnosed with cancer in my 2nd year of university. Since my dad had his firm that kept him busy there was but one solution: I was to stay home and take care of my sick mom whilst going to classes and studying regularly. Mom tried chemo the first few months but soon it was discovered the cancer had gotten really angry and had spread to most of her body; she would only have a couple more months to live. The struggle of combining taking care of my mum and going to school had been hard. I got to know a whole new world and became friends with other daughters that were in the same situation as me. My mom sadly passed away about 8 months later. I had just finished my 2nd year successfully. 

The funeral had been small, with only our closest family and friends. Since my mums health had been so bad for the last few months, her social life went down the drain and we couldn't bring ourselves to discuss with her which friends she actually wanted at her funeral or not. She had been a grand social media mogul before the cancer got to her and it was sad to see how quickly people seemed to forget her once she was of the social scene.

My dad and I never talk much about that time in our lives. I know we both missed her dearly, but she would've wanted us to move on with our lives and stay happy whilst doing that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was ordering my fourth G&T when I felt an arm wrap around my waist, a body moving closer to my back. The person's lips barely touching my ear whilst whispering. "Hey gorgeous, enjoying your night?"

Feeling brave from all the cocktails I had drank I answered: "I was, until this perve started hitting on me." I laughed lightly and turned around in his arms, looking up to his face.

I was quite shocked seeing HIM there. It was Harry, Prince Harry. The cute redhead I had been crushing as long as I can remember, and as far as I knew, he was single. I looked him quickly up and down, admiring the view. He was dressed casually but nice, wearing jeans with a light blue shirt. I must have immediately started blushing because I saw a small smirk appearing on his face.

"I'm so sorry for that, I must have left my manners at the door." I said full of shame and slightly looking down.

"It's quite okay, you can make it up to me with a dance." He extended his hand towards me, which I took happily. He led me to the dance floor where we casually started dancing to the song that was playing.

"I've never seen you around here before" He shouted in my ear to which I nodded and pulled him closer to reply.

"I'm celebrating my final exam, I'm graduating soon, and we usually go to Egg, but my friend, Felix, knew the DJ that was playing here tonight" I nodded my head in the direction of where Jade & Felix were dancing. Jade's eyes were watching us like a hawk but she did have a slight smirk on her face.

He moved his head in acknowledgement and twirled me around again. "Congrats then." I smiled and did a little curtsy "Well thank you, your highness." He laughed and pulled me to him, I was yet again engulfed in his arms.

"Don't be so weird" he said with a wink. "I don't want any curtsies when I'm out to have fun."

"As you wish." I patted his chest lightly to which he wrapped his arm around my lower back again.

_______________________________________________________________

Before I knew it we had danced most of the night and 5 o'clock was looming.

"I should really go." I said when a new song started playing. He nodded and pulled me to the bar, where it was less noisy. He smiled and handed me his phone. I looked up at him confused. He wanted my number? We would see each other again after tonight?  

"Put your number in it." I obliged and gave it back. I saw him dial my for a few seconds, making sure I also had his number.

"I still can't believe this is happening." I smiled and laid my hand on his arm. "Thanks for a great night." I was positive I was never going to see him again after tonight so I'd make the most of the minutes I had left.

"Yeah, it was fun. Come on, let's go get you a cab." He said, escorting me to the cloakroom and outside. Jade and Felix had left nearly 2 hours ago, since they had a family wedding to attend to the next day.

There were a few taxis waiting outside and Harry signaled one to wait for us. Then he turned back to me.

"It was very nice to meet you, Rosalie."

"Please, Rose is fine and it was nice to meet you too."

"Okay then, Rose. So, I don't want to be a bother, really, but do you happen to have plans later? Like tonight? For dinner?"

"Uhm, no, sure, I'd love to." He smiled upon hearing my answer.

"Great, I'll text you the details later." He smiled and gave me a light hug whilst opening the door of the taxi. I couldn't help myself and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek. He couldn't hide the surprise in his eyes anymore so I laughed a little and winked. 

"See you tonight then." I said before he closed the door and I also was left with the goofiest smile on my face.

I gave him a last little wave and told the driver "To Covent Garden, please." as soon as the taxi took off.

I looked outside where London had just started waking up and sighed happily. What a dream night it had been and most likely was going to be later.     

_______________________________________________________________

*I've been writing and editing this for days now, and honestly I could still be editing in 2 months but I'm just gonna put it out there. 

If you guys could leave a little comment if it's any good or which way you want this story to go, I'd be forever grateful!

Hope you enjoyed!

x