Chapter 4

"Yes I know Hyo. I'll be there in five minutes okay?"

"Taeng I know this is not your first time being late but this meeting is important. It's JYP we're talking about! He wants you as his idols' photographer but maybe he might be having second thoughts coz the boss ain't here yet"

"I'm on my way to my house now to grab the photo files I left on my table earlier, as fast as I could. Listen, just tell him that I'm stuck in a traffic okay? And have a little chat with him as a time distraction"

"Fine! But be fast!"

"Arasso"

The phone conversation ended before Taeng chuckled at Hyoyeon's babbles. Sometimes, Hyoyeon can just replace his position as the boss because of her excellent working attitude and leadership.

Taeng arrived at his house a couple minutes later and hopped off the car after parking it. He entered and searched for the files. After successfully finding it, which it was in the kitchen because he left it there after having breakfast, he was about to exit to the living room but his feet stopped.

He turned his head upwards to the left, looking straight to the upper level cabinet, where he had been observing it since last night.

Should I check?

He knew this would be the great opportunity for him since there was no one else in the house. Slowly making his way towards the kitchen cabinet, his trembling fingers reached for the handle. Carefully gripped tight onto it, he pulled it revealing its content. Empty.

There's nothing inside

Totally confused but totally relieved. Now, he can feel a little distressed and feel less anxious about it but yet another certain thing still bugging his mind.

The phone in his pocket suddenly buzzed.

Fr : Hyoyeon
To : Taeng

YAH QUICK!

"Shoot, I'm late"

**************

*knock knock*

"Come in" he said with his eyes stick to the documents

"Sir" the secretary popped her head in

Yul moved his eyes from the papers to the door, "Oh Yejin ah. Come in"

"Sir, the meeting is ready"

"Okay" he stood up and wore his coat. Then he grabbed his documents and handed them to Yejin.

"Yejin, I need you to get these to Red Company and get them signed by their CEO. And submit this to my uncle by tomorrow. Got it?"

"Yes sir" she replied with her head hung low and hands held tight

Yul stood in front of his mirror to straighten his coat, "You look kinda stiff, Yejin. Try to relax. Are you afraid of me?"

"N-no sir. It's just that.. this is my first time working with someone well known"

"Then you should be considered a lucky worker" he smiled

He noticed that he got his tie a little incorrect so he tried to fix it but failed. Usually Jessica would tie it for him.

"Aish. I wish Sica was here" he tried to make it tidy

Yejin asked, "Would you like me to help you with that sir?"

Yul turned and shot his glares at her. It could be helpful but something tells him that it would be wrong.

"No thanks"

"S-sorry.." she bowed

"Oppa! Meeting meeting!" Yoona suddenly barged in and saw the new worker.

"Good afternoon, Yoona shi" Yejin bowed 90 degree

"Hi! You must be oppa's new secretary right? Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, Yoona shi"

Feeling glad seeing his sister, he shrug off the glares earlier on his face.

"Yoong help me with my tie please" Yul stretched his neck out

"Sure" Yoona fixed it in just seconds. "Done! Let's go!"

Yejin bowed again, "Have a good meeting sir. I'll go settle the documents right now"

Yul threw one last glance at Yejin before exiting the room together with Yoona.

After seeing them walking away and disappearing from her sight, Yejin mentally knocked her head.

"Why did I offer to help with his tie? Babo Yejin babo"

****************

Jessica and Tiffany had just attended the fashion show where they were invited as special guests. They then headed their way to the clothing factory to check on the apparels for their upcoming boutique.

Tiffany skipped her way finding Jessica while holding tight to a dress she liked.

"Jessi!"

"Yes?" Jessica turned around after observing some clothes

"Look at this dress! Isn't it pretty?"

"You like it coz it's pink right?"

"Heck yeah!

Suddenly, Tiffany can already sense Jessica's weird poker face. It's really noticeable for a best friend like Tiffany. She dropped the dress and held both of the latter's shoulders.

"Is something bothering you?"

Jessica sighed, "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Anything, girl. Shoot it"

They pulled a chair and sat comfortably.

"What is it about, Jessi?" Tiffany crossed her legs looking at her friend with full of concern

"Yesterday, I overhead Yul and aunt Sunny's conversation"

Flashback

They laughed at the scene where Yul got his hair pulled back into the kitchen after teasing Sunny an old lady. Mr.Minwoo and the youngest couple resumed to their conversation while Jessica suddenly felt that she need to hit the loo.

"Excuse me, I need to use the ladies'" she stood up

Mr.Minwoo asked, "You know where the toilet is right, Sica?"

"Of course, uncle. Been here for half a decade now" she smiled

Jessica excused herself and made her way to the bathroom. She passed by the kitchen but stopped when she heard something. She leaned against the wall and like a peeping Tom, she looked furtively at Yul and Sunny.

"When will we get to see Sooyoung Jr. and Sunny Jr. , aunt Sunny?"

"Yul" Jessica heard Sunny's soft chuckle. "I am reaching my 50s. I had an early menopause"

"Oh.. sorry..I didn't mean to hurt your feelings"

She covered her mouth to withstand her giggles. Seeing the innocent yet guilty Yul made her to fall more for him.

"I'm not hurt Yul. I'm happy. At least I have that dorky tall shikshin by my side"

"We're still waiting for yours"

"We're.. still trying"

She saw the elder caressing his cheeks, "Sometimes, it takes longer than expected. You have to be patient and don't lose any hope"

"Roger that"

With no doubt, he would always give a warm smile.

End Of Flashback

"It has been four years for us now, Tiff. But still, no single sign" sighed Jessica

"What do you want me to say, Jessi? Taeng and I have been trying too"

"Tiff, do you know what I see in Yul's eyes everyday? He's big anticipation for the word 'I'm pregnant'"

"How would you know that?"

"He's my husband! Of course I know!"

"Okay can you please chill?"

Jessica suspired, "Yul and I, we really want to have kids, Tiff. Seriously. I just.. sometimes I think that the problem is me"

"No, please don't think like that"

"I see Yul is a healthy man! He is really feeling fit and very salubrious. And I pity him Tiff. You know how he is the patience type of guy and it has been four years for him to wait for a child to appear, but nothing. I don't know, maybe it's just me"

"Please don't say the word, Jessi. It's just mind bugging you. You're paranoid over this!"

"Paranoid or not, ... I think I'm infertile"

"Shut! Up! Jessica! No you're not!"

The surrounding suddenly turned silence when the factory workers looked directly at them.

Tiffany pulled Jessica and entered an empty room with no occupants in it.

"You did not just say that word Jessica Jung!"

"So what if I said it? I've been thinking about it and I think it's time for me to let it out"

"Think about it again! Don't you still have your periods? It's going normal right? Then you can get pregnant!"

"Infertile or sterile woman can still have their menstrual cycle go on normally!"

"What makes you think like that?"

"Because I read it online!"

"Are you telling me that you made a research about it?" Tiffany dropped her jaw.

"So what if I did some research about it? What's your problem? Why are you suddenly acting like this?"

"Coz the Jessica Jung I know is not this coward. I know her since at young age that she's high in confidence and always being a positive person"

"Tiffany, try putting your feet into my shoes"

"Why should I? We both are on the same page! We've been trying to have kids! But nothing makes me to give up"

Jessica shook her head, "Whatever it is, I'm going to talk to Yul about this. And let's just end our conversation here"

Tiffany watched the latter exiting the room leaving her alone behind, with a slight feel of guilt inside.