Chapter 10

“Sica! Sica wait!”

Yul ran out from the house to find her already leaving with her car. She sped off from his sight. He dashed towards his car but suddenly blocked by an unknown man covered with hoodie.

“Excuse me!”

The man blocked his way again. When Yul tried to go to the left, the man followed. When Yul went to the right, the man didn’t let him pass through.

“What’s your problem dude?! Move away!” yelled Yul

The mysterious man removed his hoodie and grinned at him.

“Remember any familiar face?”

“What the heck is wrong with this guy? Security!” Yul called the securities which were hired by Taeng to guard the housing area

“Any hateful faces you’d like to recall, Kwon Yul?”

Yul furrowed his eyebrows with curiosity.

How does he know my name?

Two securities came running, “Sir!”

“Get him out of here. He’s uninvited. And guard the place properly will ya?”

“Yes sir!”

The mysterious man got dragged away with a grin still plastered on his face.

*********************

Yul drove back home as fast as he could. He arrived and saw Jessica’s car in the garage. He let out a relieved sigh after all the negative thoughts he had in mind when he was on the way.

He parked his car and dashed into the house finding his beloved one. Living room, empty. Kitchen, empty. Guest room, empty. He preceded upstairs into the master bedroom to find it empty again.

“Sica?”

Her handbag was lying on the bed. She’s in the house. She must be.

Right then, Yul heard the shower from the bathroom. He opened the door slowly. Thinking that she was taking a shower, but no. Jessica sat under the shower with her clothes still on, hugging her legs while pouring her tears out. The best place to cry without anyone can hear you, is under the running shower.

Stepping into the bathroom with silent, Yul made his way to the shower area and sat right next to her letting his clothes to get wet along.

Feeling the sudden warmth around her shoulder, Jessica lifted her head to see him smiling warmly.

He saw her eyes. The beautiful eyes that he longed for. Her eyeliner got smeared because of the water. Her tears got mixed with the water. He brought her closer to let the latter place her head on his broad shoulder.

“Yul..”

“Sshh..”

Yul kissed her head, “You’ve been through a lot since yesterday”

He resumed, “It’s okay. Just close your eyes. I won’t go anywhere”

“I will never leave you. I promise”

His hand went up to decrease the running water. Then, they stayed under there until she fell asleep.

*****************

“You.. you hate me?”

Taeng shot his flaming eyes at her. His jaw clenched tightly thinking of what he just said. It might strike her in the heart, but he stood strong. He didn’t want to reject anything. He felt betrayed and heartbroken.

“Please tell me that you love me..” sobbed Tiffany

He watched her tears to fall drop by drop, just like a waterfall. Her eyes gone red and started to swollen. He can see the guilt in her eyes and notice how much she regretted it.

“Taeng..”

Tiffany went forward to touch his hand. But, he moved his hand away without making any eye contact. She can see his clenched jawline from the side as he was looking straight to the floor. By covering her mouth, she tried restraining from bursting out her tears.

“Taeng.. I’ll leave if it makes you feel any better..”

Leave?

His eyes wandered on the floor. Emotions were playing in his mind. Thinking of accepting her apology, but at the same time rejecting it for what she had done to him, to live in a lie.

Without his notice, Tiffany had already left quietly.

Handbag, gone.

Keys, gone.

He dashed to the window to look outside. He car slowly exiting the area disappearing from his sight.

Fany..