Chapter 12

Taeng was back at home, comfortable sitting in the living room watching TV all by himself. His eyes were on the screen, but his mind was flying all over the place. Lots of things to think of. Tiffany, Yul, and the media.

He had already note to himself to take any risks that causes the media to have any attention on him and Tiffany. Marrying a beautiful and famous model was the greatest thing happened in his life but of course he must protect both of their names especially Tiffany's from any haters or critics or just anything negative feedback. But he didn't think of this kind of attention. He will be expecting his face together with Yul's plastered on the front page of the newspaper by tomorrow morning. The headline plays the important role either. Interesting headlines always attract the eyes.

Taeng sighed in silent while absent-mindedly switching from channels to channels.

"Uncle Taeng"

Turning his body around, he saw his cute little precious nephew standing not far from him while holding tight to a teddy bear.

"Hey, boy. Why aren't you in bed?"

"I can't sleep" Kevin endearingly rubbed his eyes

Taeng smiled at the little boy before saying, "Come here and sleep with uncle Taeng"

The boy dragged his teddy bear along and went to sleep on his uncle's lap. Taeng began to stroke the boy's head gently.

"Uncle Taeng"

"Yes?"

"Where is aunt Fany?"

His smile dropped after hearing her name. He can hear his heart shattering to pieces again.

"She.. she uhh.." he cleared his throat. "She's having a sleepover at aunt Jessica's house"

"Why is she having a sleepover at aunt Jessica's house, when she already have her own house to sleep?"

"Because.. because aunt Jessica is her bestfriend. They're so close to each other that they want to spend more time together"

"Is that what bestfriends do?" Kevin lifted his head asking the question

A sudden thought of Yul popped out in his head. Bestfriends.

"Y-yes.."

"Do you have a bestfriend, uncle Taeng?"

Taeng gulped at the question. A simple question from a little child just made him nervous and guilty.

"Yes I do, Kevin"

"Kevin bet it's uncle Yul. Wight (Right)?"

He gave a nod.

"Uncle Yul is a nice person. Uncle Taeng, you're glad to have a bestfriend like uncle Yul" Kevin smiled before closing his eyes

His eyes wandered to the floor after taking a peek at Kevin who was fast asleep. He ran his palm across his face and sighed.

The thought of Yul kept repeating in his mind. Now he had realized how much he had hurt the guy. Yul was only trying to lend a hand but he pushed him away. He became fully aware of what he had said to Yul earlier. And he never should've said it.

The next person that flashed by his thoughts was his very own Tiffany. The feeling of turbulent, upset and displeasure was still there. But, the feeling of love had never faded away. Yes he did blurt out the word 'hate' towards her but he never really meant it. Yes, he was still mad at her. But yes, he was still madly in love with her.