Chapter 13

Jessica was ready to enter her dreamland when her phone suddenly rang. She reached out for it and smiled looking at the name.

“Hey Krys”

“Unnie! I miss you so much!”

Her smile grew wider as she leaned her back against the wall, “Yeah I can tell it from your voice”

“How are you? I just got your text. Sorry I haven’t contact you in a while. Work’s taking a toll on me!”

“I’m okay..” she pressed her lips. “So how’s Japan?”

“Well winter’s out and can feel the heat’s coming soon. Wait unnie are you alright? You sound a little different”

“I… yes I’m alright”

“Hey Jessica, I’m your younger sister and I know how you sound like when you’re not fine”

She softly giggled after hearing Krystal calling her by the name. It’s the usual tactic to make her let out the truth.

“There’s something I need to tell you, Krys”

“Okay. I’m all ears”

Jessica hugged her knees and looked up to the ceiling, “I’m sorry”

“Sorry? For what?”

“I can’t give you any nieces or nephews..”

Jessica was pretty sure the line wasn’t disconnected or anything but it was silent. She can only hear the sound in the background.

She bit her lips as she tried to resist the tears, “Krystal.. your unnie can’t get pregnant”

“Oh..”

“There’s nothing more I can say” she sobbed.

“Please don’t cry”

“I can’t..”

“Yul oppa knows about this?”

“Yes. He’s trying his best not to be sad in front of me”

“That’s sweet of him. You should be thankful that oppa is always there for you”

“Right now he’s not.. he’s taking care of uncle Minwoo at the hospital”

“What happened to uncle?”

Jessica cried “Cancer. Things around here are currently upside down, Krys. Especially Yul, he’s in the worst condition of all”

“What? Unnie are you serious?”

Tearing up till her breath choked, she decided to stop the conversation,

“Krys, I gotta go. I just can’t talk right now”

“Wait-”

She pressed on the red button and threw the phone to the bed. Her arms hugging her knees and her head leaning against the wall, she let her tears to flow down to her cheeks.

The thought of her been visualizing having kids with Yul came floating inside her mind once again. Before this, to be dreaming about it was sweet and beautiful. But now, it’s breaking her heart pieces by pieces.

Absent-mindedly, her fingers were fondling onto her wedding ring. The most beautiful shiny jewel she’s ever seen in her life. And it fit perfectly through her finger.

Flashback

“One last touch for the most beautiful bride in the world!”

She let her bestfriend to apply the last touch of make up on her face. She giggled in sight seeing Tiffany clapping her hands feeling satisfied with her masterpiece.

“You see girl? I told you there’s no need for a make-up artist to make you look pretty. It’s a proof that I got the talent in me” Tiffany playfully blew her fingernails

Jessica let out a laugh before giving a girly slap on the latter’s arm. She then stood up and started spinning in her wedding dress.

“Omg Jessi, I swear to God, to every creature in the world even the smallest one in the sea, that you are dead gorgeous!”

“Oh shut up, Tiff”

“Girl, I’m serious! If I was a man, I’d be scrambling just to get Yul’s place”

“I would still choose Yul no matter what” Jessica stuck her tongue out

“That’s why I was born a beautiful girl so that I won’t be wasting any of my time with you. Pity Yul” joked Tiffany causing the two ending up in laughter

Krystal suddenly appeared in the room.

“Hey is the bride ready yet?”

Tiffany backed up a little with her arms opened wide towards the bride.

“OMG unnie you are beautiful! Pretty! Gorgeous! Any words that describe the beauty!”

“Well thank you Krystal” blushed Jessica

“Good work, Tiff unnie” Krystal showed two thumbs up. “Hey let’s go and check the wedding hall, Tiff unnie”

“Okies!” Tiffany pointed her finger at Jessica. “You stay here and do not leave this room until I get back”

“Yes mam”

Jessica chuckled at the two as they left the room.

She grabbed her phone and browsed through the internet to fill her short boredom. She also decided to reply some congratulatory messages from family, friends and fans.

Getting engrossed into replying all the messages, a sudden pair of familiar arms surprised her from the back.

“Eeek!!” she dashed herself to one corner

The pair of arms turned out to be her own future-husband-in-a-few-minutes, Yul. The tanned guy clutched onto his tummy laughing at the latter.

“Yul!” she frowned with her fists gripping tight

“I’m sorry, Sica baby. I didn’t mean to scare you” he embraced her while still chuckling

“You totally scared me” pouted Jessica

“Stop pouting” he pressed the tip of her nose using his index figner. He then spun her around, “Wow. You’re beautiful Sica!”

She immediately buried her face into his chest, “Hehe stop it. You’re gonna make me blush”

“I can’t believe I’m going to marry the most gorgeous woman in the world”

Something popped in her mind. This doesn’t make sense. How come the groom is here with the bride, before the wedding ceremony?!

“Yul!” she palmed his chest. “How come you’re here seeing me in my wedding dress?!”

He put on his innocent face, “What? I’m still going to see you in your wedding dress later”

“Yul it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride in her wedding dress before the ceremony!”

“Oh come on. I miss you already. I wanna see you!” he flashed his charming grin

“That grin’s not gonna work on me right now, Kwon Yul. Get back in the hall!”