Chapter 17

“Yummy! This hospital sure has delicious cakes”

Jessica another forkful piece of a strawberry cheesecake. She had her mouth watering looking at the café’s best desserts. The hospital not only taking care of their patients, or the beautiful ocean view garden, but the food as well.

“No wonder people call this hospital is the best in town” said Yejin

“Yes I have to agree to that, Yejin” smiled Jessica. “What cake are you having again?”

“Tiramisu” the latter replied

“Nice choice” Jessica licked the bits on her fork. “I think I should get one more for Yul. He must be really hungry. Remind me later please?”

“Sure” Yejin smiled

While they were so immersed with the malicious taste of their respected cakes, a little boy came to them while pulling along an adult’s hand that appeared to be the mother.

“Mummy mummy look! I told you she’s the model!” said the boy while pointing at Jessica

“I’m sorry to disturb you ladies” the mother immediately pulled back the boy’s hand. “Honey it’s rude to point at people”

Jessica turned her attention to them, “It’s okay. How may I help you?”

“Can I pwease pwease get your autograph, Mrs.Jessica?” the little boy begged with his cute puppy eyes

“My son really likes you and Tiffany Hwang. He said one day he’s gonna find the priceless models and get a hug. If it’s not much to ask, can you please grant his wish?”

“Pweash pweash pweash!!”

“Look how cute you are, boy! I’m sorry but Tiffany is at home. So I can only grant half of your wish because the other half would belong to Tiffany right?”

“It’s okay! Yay!” the boy took a paper and a pen from the mother. He then passed it to Jessica, “Here you go”

“May I know your name please?” she asked

“My name is Richard but my friends call me Richy”

She skillfully signed her name on the paper and returned it to the boy. Widely spreading her arms, she smiled again, “Come here Richy”

Without any hesitation the little boy threw himself into her embrace. Jessica hugged him with a little squeeze before releasing him.

“Thank you so much, Mrs.Jessica! Richy loves you!” using his hand, the boy gave her a heart shape.

“I love you, Richy. Bye now” she waved

The mother said, “Thank you so much”

Yejin could only smile looking at the boy and Jessica. She felt a little proud to be eating with the priceless model that everybody adores.

“You like kids, Sica shi?”

Jessica resumed eating her cake and answered, “Before this I don’t really fancy children. But after marrying Yul, and understanding how much he loves kids, I’ve started to like them. Day by day, I just can’t wait to be a mother”

“That’s sweet of you to change your point of view towards kids just for Yul. I bet you’re gonna be a really good mummy one day”

Her smile dropped, “Yeah.. I wish”

Yejin set her fork to the plate after recalling the rumors everyone been talking about, Jessica’s infertility. She covered her mouth feeling guilty with her words earlier.

“I’m sorry, Sica shi. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I forgot about it I swear”

“Hey, you don’t have to apologize. It’s fine really”

“But your expression changed when I said it. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me”

“Yejin, please stop saying sorry. It’s okay” Jessica tried her best to smile.

Yejin returned to her normal positing with a little guilt inside. She had her head hung low while poking the cake.

“What about you, Yejin? Do you like kids?”

“When I was in Korea I worked at a nursery. Became a part-time teacher”

“That sounds really sweet of you. So you do like kids don’t you”

“Well, sometimes kids can be annoying but at the same time they can be really cute”

“Tell me about it! I think the same way too. But overall I think children is the cause of happiness for everything”

Yejin smiled, “I agree with that, Sica shi”

A thought appeared in her mind. Jessica looked straight to the floor to think about it over again. It’s something not good. But it’ll make him happy.

“Can I ask you something, Yejin?” Jessica pierced her with a focused gaze

“Sure”

“What if one day, you’ve become a mother, how would you take care of the baby?”

“Well, I think I would cherish all my love for my child. Shower, feed, pouring love, just name it for sure I’ll be already doing it. Give lots of hugs and kisses to my child every single day, and I’ll make sure that he or she is always happy” Yejin shyly smiled. “And also perhaps it’ll make my husband happy too”

Jessica felt content hearing her words. Lying her back against the chair, Jessica shut her eyes for a moment.

“Sica shi? Are you okay?”

I hope she would be the right person

To make you happy, seobang.

She took a really deep breath, trying to get her thoughts in one place. It’s her plan B, her second choice. And she did not even talk to Yul about this. She kept everything to herself. No she’s not letting him go, but all she wanted was him to be happy, with what he always wished for.

“Yejin, I’m gonna ask you something, that might be a little surprising”

“What is it?”

Jessica lifted her eyes open, looking directly into the latter’s eyes, with a straight forward question.

“Yejin… would you like to marry Yul?”