Chapter 7

“More wine sir?”

Yul rejected the offer, “No thanks. I don’t really drink actually”

“Very well” the waiter bowed before walking away

Yejin who sat opposite him asked, “You’re not friendly with alcohol sir?”

“Sort of” he tilted his head

“You really take good care of your health sir”

“I treasure myself very much” he chuckled

Another waiter came to their table.

“Ready for your orders sir, mam”

Yul replied, “Actually I’m waiting for my client”

“Would you like to order later?”

Yejin’s phone on the table buzzed. She then answered it.

“Son Ye Jin here. Yes sir. I see. Okay thank you for informing. Not to worry we can make another appointment.  Sure. Good evening”

“Was that the client?” asked Yul

She nodded, “Yes. He said a situation came up in his office and he’s unable to attend tonight’s meeting”

“Okay then” said Yul. “Let’s order some food. My treat”

“Oh no sir I’ll pay up for my food-”

“Yejin ah, I’m the boss here so listen to me” he stopped her words. “Your task right now is to order and eat your food, that I will pay”

“But what about you sir? Aren’t you eating?”

“Of course I’m eating. My tummy’s grumbling”

They both ended laughing and proceeded choosing some delicious meals from the menu given by the waiter.

After ordering, the two of them started having a normal chat.

“So Yejin, I must say that so far you’re doing a good job” Yul complimented

“Thanks for the praise sir. I’m really enjoying my career here. And it’s fun working with you sir”

“Oh come on everyone keep saying the same thing” his hand slapped the air

“Well what I’m saying is true. I’m being honest. You were right, I am lucky to be working with Kwon Yul that everyone’s been talking about”

“Everyone knows me because of Jessica” he smiled.

“I read the article about how you proposed her in Korea. That was really sweet”

A year ago a reporter came to interview Jessica after her modeling schedule. She briefly explained about  their marriage.

“Well actually I proposed her twice in the same day. The second one was in front of the very special place we first met”

“Omo that must’ve been wondrous. She is very lucky to have you” she nodded

“I am very lucky to have her too” he smiled shyly

Yul resumed, “What about you Yejin? Can you tell me a little about the jerk you talked about the other day?”

“Should I? I mean, this is unnecessary”

“Come on. You’re my secretary now and I should really know who you are. I don’t want to work with a stranger”

“Okay sir” she smiled

“You know what? Let’s be informal for today. Stop with the ‘sir’ thingy and call me Yul”