Chapter 19

“Thank you aunt Sunny”

Seohyun took over the tray from Sunny who just completed cooking a meal.

“I’m glad that you’re here, Seohyun ah”

“I’m doing the best as I could as her fiance”

She then left the kitchen heading to the garden behind the house. There she saw her sitting silently on the bench.

“Hi” Seohyun set the tray onto the table. “Aunt Sunny cooked your favourite”

“..not hungry” Yoona stared to the floor

“Yoong.. you gotta eat. You have not eaten since yesterday”

“I don’t have any appetite”

“Look at me, Yoong”

Yoona brought her face up staring back into Seohyun’s eyes.

“We’re getting married soon and I don’t want you to fall sick before our wedding. I want you to be healthy and active like how you would normally be”

“What if I fall sick after we’re married?” Yoona asked. “Will you still be there for me?”

“I’m gonna stuck with you forever you know” Seohyun giggled. “Of course I’ll be there for you”

“Maybe a kiss would help make me feel better?”

The younger girl laughed, “Oh Yoong”

Moving forward, they sealed their lips together.

Flashback

It was a New Year’s Eve party and it was filled with all kinds of people from corporats to celebrities. Colleagus, workers, staffs, almost everyone was there celebrating the New Year at the Kwon’s house.

Yoona happened to be hiding in one corner, targeting her eyes on certain someone. And she thought she was alone that time.

Yul appeared from the side “What in the world are you doing?”

“What are you doing here! Go away” she whispered

“What are you doing? Why are you whispering? Why are you hiding?”

“Oppa you’re asking too much. Shoo”

He looked at Yoona’s eyes and followed the track. It hit on a certain girl name Seohyun, the girlfriend.

“Yah I thought you said you wanna propose to her today”

“Yes that is why I am getting myself ready”

“No you’re not. You’re hiding from her. Are you that scared to propose, Yoong?”

“Hey waddup the party’s off the hook yo!” Taeng appeared with a beer in his hand

“This chicken right here is scared of proposing to Seohyun”

“Oppa shut up!”

“Kwon Yoong? Is afraid?” Taeng then burst into laughter. “Bahaha!!”

“Yoong, you got Kwon’s blood inside you. A Kwon is never afraid of things”

“Pfft yeah right. You’re afraid of your wife, Yul ah” Taeng switched his laughter to the tanned guy

“Nice joke Taengoo. Oh look I think Tiffany’s looking for you” Yul pointed at Tiffany who looked like she’s searching for someone. “She’s gonna be mad finding her Taetae who is currently drunk”

Taeng cursed under his breath, “I’m not done with you Kwon Yul” and walked away.

“Good. Now he’s gone, can you please go away too?” glared Yoona

“Nope. And your glare’s not gonna work on me. Only Sica can” he pushed his sister to the living room. “Just go, tiger”

“Ya!-” It was too late for her to run away when she accidently bumped onto Seohyun. “Hyunnie!”

“Yoong, are you okay? You look like you’re minds occupied”

“I- uh- yeah. I mean- not. Uh…”

Yoona looked to the side to find his brother giving her you-can-do-it look. She gulped.

“What’s wrong with you, Yoong?”

“C-can we go out? I mean.. somewhere quieter?”

Seohyun nodded, “Okay”

***************

There they were, sitting on a bench in the garden. Seohyun had her eyes looking upwards to the stars and moon. Yoona observed the latter, especially her facial.

Damn, you’re beautiful

Seohyun switched her gaze to her. Feeling surprised and embarrassed, Yoong quickly looked away.

“What’s up with you? You’re acting all different tonight” tittered Seohyun

“Umm… there’s something that I wanna ask you..”

“Okay. Ask me then”

“B-but.. I’m afraid..”

“Afraid of what?”

“I don’t know..”

The younger girl placed her hand on hers. Yoona can feel butterflies in her stomach and the warmth from Seohyun’s hand hitting her spine.

“It’s okay Yoong. Just ask me”

Her sweet soft voice melted her once again.

So Yoona took a deep breath, gaining all her confidence, and let it out.

“We’ve known each other since high school, and we went through college together, but then we went our separate ways for our own respected careers. But Hyunnie, it doesn’t matter if we’re working different ways but as long as our relationship is not separated. But it does matter to me since you write books and you’re gaining popularity so what if all the guys out there wants you, or even girls. I’m worried about that every single day. What if you find someone else better than me?”

“I don’t think I’ll find someone else better than you. Stop worrying about that, Yoong”

“Well.. if you say so, then” Yoona got off the bench and kneeled down on one knee. She took out a small squared looking box which Seohyun can already figure out what was it for. Yoona saw the latter having a small gasp with her hand on her chest.

“Yoong, are you..?”

“Yes, I am proposing you, Seohyun”

It’s been a while to hear Yoona calling her ‘Seohyun’. And she definitely loved it.

“Tonight, at this very moment, I want to ask a special question that made me afraid to ask you earlier. But now, I’m gonna ask you bravely. Seo Juhyun, will you marry me?”

Seohyun couldn’t utter a word. Tears starting to pour out giving her difficulties to talk.

“Hyunnie?” Yoona smiled. “A nod would be fine”

The younger girl threw herself to Yoona and said, “Yes!”

“Hyunnie” she softly embraces her. “You’re crying because of this?”

“What took you so long to propose me, Yoong? I’ve been waiting for it”

“You did?”

Breaking the hug, Seohyun cupped Yoona’s face and leaned for a kiss, “Yes. I would love to be with you for the rest of my life”

End of Flashback

That sweet simple sugar kiss made her to reminisce that very special day. After breaking the kiss, Seohyun saw her smiling.

“What’s with the sudden smile?”

“Nothing” Yoona shook her head. “I love you”

“I love you too, Yoong”

“And I love you both!” a voice appeared behind them.

Yoona turned around to see her brother with a warm smile on his face.

“Oppa”

“Come here lil sis” Yul opened his arms widely

Not wasting any time, Yoona hugged him as tight as she could, giving him a sign of how much she had missed him for days. Seohyun could only smile at the view and excusing herself back into the house, joining Jessica and Sunny.

“I’m sorry I left you alone to handle the pressure by yourself”

“It took you so long to recover yourself huh? You didn’t even think about me?”glared Yoona

Playfully knuckling her chin, he grinned, “I told you your glare’s not gonna work on me”

She warmly embraced her brother again, “Gosh I miss you oppa”

“I miss you too Yoong. I’m here now. So let’s clear our minds together okay?”

Meanwhile in the house,

“Thank you for your return, Jessica” Sunny smiled as they observe the siblings from inside

“You should thank Taeng for this, aunt Sunny. I tried my best but it turns out he’ll listen to his best friend after all”

“Yul..” Sunny shook her head. “Sometimes, he’ll choose people”

“Yes I know” nodded Jessica with a smile. “But next time he better choose me rather than bromancing with Taengoo”