Chapter 24

The day before Jessica woke up in the strange place

Tiffany and Yoona took a peek in the kitchen. Yul had been sitting in there for a while. He looked puzzled.

“Poor Yul” whispered Tiffany. “Should we talk to him?”

Yoona shook her head, “No. Right now he prefers to be alone”

They heard someone knocked on the front door. Went to check, and it was Taeng with Seohyun.

“Hey” he embraced Tiffany first with a kiss. “I came as fast as I could”

“I’m glad you’re here, Taetae”

“Hyunnie” Yoona went to hug the younger girl.

“Taeng oppa told me everything, Yoong. Poor him”

“Thanks for picking up my fiance on your way here, oppa” said Yoona to Taeng

He smiled, “No problem. So where’s Yul?”

“He’s in the kitchen. He looks depressed after seeing these photos” Tiffany pointed to the TV.

“That’s Jessica?” Taeng gasped. “What kind of a cruel person would do this?”

Meanwhile, in the kitchen,

Yul had almost everything in his mind. What was the valid reason for kidnapping her? Why would that guy request for money? Why? Where could I get that kind of amount? How is Sica doing? Is she being treated harshly? Is that guy doing something bad against her? Like physically abusing her? Why? Why didn’t Yejin tell me earlier about this? Why? Why did I leave Sica alone? Why did I hurt her again? Why am I so stupid? Why?

And that guy. Could it be?

Flashback

“Sica! Sica wait!”

Yul ran out from the house to find her already leaving with her car. She sped off from his sight. He dashed towards his car but suddenly blocked by an unknown man covered with hoodie.

“Excuse me!”

The man blocked his way again. When Yul tried to go to the left, the man followed. When Yul went to the right, the man didn’t let him pass through.

“What’s your problem dude?! Move away!” yelled Yul

The mysterious man removed his hoodie and grinned at him.

“Remember any familiar face?”

“What the heck is wrong with this guy? Security!” Yul called the securities which were hired by Taeng to guard the housing area

“Any hateful faces you’d like to recall, Kwon Yul?”

Yul furrowed his eyebrows with curiosity.

How does he know my name?

Two securities came running, “Sir!”

“Get him out of here. He’s uninvited. And guard the place properly will ya?”

“Yes sir!”

End of Flashback

Now that makes sense

That explains everything

The identity of the kidnapper was occupying his mind that he didn’t notice the presence of Taeng in the room.

“Hey buddy”

He turned to see a smiling Taeng. How glad is he to see his bestfriend, his brother. He embraced the latter with a brotherly hug.

“Taeng..”

Taeng knew that he needed him by just the hug, “It’s alright, Yul. It’s gonna be alright”

Releasing the hug, Taeng saw how he was continuously clenching on his jaw. Yul wanted to cry. So Taeng gave a gentle slap on the cheek.

“Don’t. Save your tears. You can let them go after saving Sica. Cry as much as you want in front of her”

“..thanks for coming, Taengoo”

“So have you thought of any plan?”

“I’m lost. I don’t know where to start, or how to do. The more I think of making a move, the more I think of Sica’s life. She’s in real danger”

“Don’t you want to at least let the police know about this?”

“If I do something that involves anyone else, I’m risking her life, Taeng”

“How are you so sure? Maybe that guy haven’t done anything yet”

“I can feel her. Whatever she feels, I can sense it. Right now she’s scared, Taeng. She’s really scared”

Yoona appeared in the kitchen, “Oppa, someone’s here to see you”

“Who is it, Yoong?”

“.. Yejin”

He officially hates that name. It disgusts him. Yul marched to the front and saw her standing still with a silver briefcase in her hand.

“Why the hell are you here?!” shouted Yul

“Easy, Yul. Easy” comforted Taeng

“What do you want Yejin?!”

“I-I came.. to help..”

“HELP? You wanna help me? After teaming up with that *******?!”

She dropped on her knees begging, “Please. I ask for your forgiveness. I did nothing good but just to let you down and cause troubles to you”

“Who do you think you are to come to my house and beg for forgiveness!” Yul pointed to the TV screen. “See that? That’s my wife. She has been knocked out with a hard-material lamp. And she’s taken to a strange place that she probably haven’t been before. Are you happy now?!”

“Calm down, Yul” said Taeng

“Please someone just make her go away! I’m sick of her!”

“You have to bring me with you. He’s expecting me too..”

“Are you kidding me, Yejin?” Yul pierced her with his glare. “Don’t try to be the hero here”

“I’ll pretend in front of him. He doesn’t know that I’m on your side”

“SINCE WHEN I LET YOU TO BE ON MY SIDE HUH?”

“I don’t think you have a choice. I can make him change his mind if you take me with you”

Sarcastically, Yul laughed, “You think I’m gonna trust you this time after all what you’ve done to us? You simply betrayed us, and most importantly, Sica really sees you as a good person. She accepted you as her friend. But all these times you were not sincere”