My Plans

Lucy's POV

Dragneel Corporations

To the Heartfilia family. We are pleased to inform you that you are invited to the Dragneel Corp.'s 20th Anniversary setting down another year of it's success.
Dragneel family and possibly our family would be more that grateful to have you in our celebration.
Since The Hearfilia Corp. has been with us for many years. This is a gift for our gratitude.

Blah blah blah.
I looked at some details as to where and when this would be held. I guess I'll see Natsu there.

Natsu will be there. That thought made me giddy.

What should I wear?!

I ran up to my walk-in closet throwing out cute formal dresses for the event.

Wait I think I'm too excited. The party isn't until Sunday.

I sat down on a chair in the middle of my closet and faceplamed.
I fixed my closet and dived to my bed nuzzling my face to my soft pink pillow.
What's going on with me?
Then I noticed my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I took it to see who was calling.
'Dad'
I slid my thumb on the screen and answered the phone call. I sat up.
"Lucy darling?" A female voice came out.

"Mom?!" I replied in shock

"Yes honey, it's mommy. Listen, I've doubled up the cash you have in your bank account. Shop to your heart's content! Look good infront my future son-in-law. Awe you two are going to look adorable!" She said cheerfully and started squealing.

I think I'd be happier if she'd marry Natsu. She's too excited.

Besides just thinking of getting married at a young age is kind of disappointing. Plus, what if I grow to love someone else? I won't know what to do by then.

"Alright mom. Thanks!" I said

"Sure honey, anyth--"

"Mom, what if I don't want to marry Natsu? or any person who's on your list?  What if I fall in love with another person, a person you'd least expect? Would you--" She cut me off

"Honey"

I heard her close a door.

"Honey, look, I won't force you to do anything. You make your own decisions. As long as you're happy. I don't know what your father would say but I'll help him understand. Okay? So don't worry. " She explained

"Thanks mom" I sighed out of relief

"Why honey? Have you fallen for another?" She asked

"No, I was just wondering. Anyway mom, I'll call you later. Thanks for everything." I said

"Sure honey, good night! I love you!" She said sweetly.

"Good night mom. I love you too. Oh and tell dad that I love him too. " I smiled.

As soon as I ended the phone call it rang again.
"Mom! I told you I'd call you later." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Mom?" A male voice spoke. I was shocked so I checked the called ID but there was no name.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized

"Hey, beautiful. It's Gray." He laughed. I giggles at my mistake.

"What's up?" I asked

"I was just going to tell you that I'm going to pick you up at 5pm tomorrow" he informed